David Vargas Commissions
Do you like my artwork in The Adventures of Dave the Direman? Maybe something in my DeviantArt page caught your eye. If you'd like me to draw you a snazzy wallpaper, or make you a unique avatar, read on.
1. Contact me at Dave-deleteme[at]-deleteme-squishycomics [dot] com to get started. Please write "Draw Something" in the subject line so I can easily spot it.
2. Next I need you to give me a good idea of what you're looking for. Be as detailed as you'd like; better to have more info than I need than to need info I don't have. Feel free to ask me anything you're unsure about and I'll be more than happy to help you. We'll hammer out all the details before I get started on your commissioned masterpiece. Good details to throw at me are character expressions, poses, and the like. Tell me if the image is for a wallpaper so I can size it accordingly.
3. Once I have all the details I need and we've agreed on a price, I'll get started on your drawing as soon as I receive payment.
4. I'll send you a preliminary rough sketch so you have an idea of where the image is going, as well as updates after every major step (from roughs to sketch, sketch to inks, inks to colors, etc.). I can more easily make changes in the earlier stages, so feel free to let me know about any alterations then, as changes become more difficult as the drawing grows closer to completion.
5. I'll send you the finished work as soon as it is done. I can still make minor edits at this point (some color changes, computer generated text, etc.) or fix errors (I missed a detail you asked for), but please, no major changes (completely changing a pose, for example).
6. I may post your image in my collection of works. The piece you commissioned might be the very image that lands me my next job, so thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if you DO NOT WANT your image displayed, and I will honor your wishes.
Quick, simple HEADSHOTS or busts for use as avatars or icons. --$15
(If you know this is what you want, great. Don't worry though, if you ask for a CHARACTER DRAWING but it ends up falling in the "one hour's work" category. I'll let you know and reduce the price accordingly.)
More involved or complicated CHARACTER DRAWINGS (ideal for use as wallpapers):
Simple Background --Add $10
Complex Background --Add $20
Additional Characters in the same drawing:
Note: Prices may be higher for especially complex requests that require more of my time. I'll let you know before I get started. I also may be able to offer a discount for multiple characters in a single work of art.
Answers to FAQs
I draw in a cartoony cell-shaded style.
All my work is done digitally, typically at 150 dpi or 300 dpi if you need to print it.
My prices are based on a $15/hour rate. I need to eat and pay the bills to continue drawing pretty pictures!
Although I try to (and usually do) finish requests within a week, I typically ask for two weeks to complete the job to account for my workload and make sure I give your work the proper attention.
These commissions are for your personal use as wallpapers, avatars, gift prints, etc. Please let me know if you need something for commercial use.