Monday, March 17th 2008

Discuss the column!

Monday, March 17th 2008

Postby Dave on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Dude, I have to agree with Arturo on this one. If this girl's first reaction was anger and REFUSES to talk to the dude after what he just went through and makes the demand that she did, she's not worth it.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Re: Monday, March 17th 2008

Postby MadCat on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:53 pm

Yeah, I'm in total agreement. That's an absolutely unreasonable demand, and I think he should reconsider his choice of fiancee. Especially considering the amount he spent on the ring in the first place.

(of course, I think it's stupid how much rings cost in the first place, but that's just me)
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Dave on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:30 pm

Mel Blanc. What a character. Guy should be on any list of cool people who've lived.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby David Yun on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:28 am

No love for Johnny Ramone, Dave? Yahr, Mel Blanc is cool, but the Ramones were the most prominent and influential American contributors to a major musical movement. They were also a Los Angeles band, and really accessible even after they became big rock stars.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Dave on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:52 pm

Can't love what I don't know. I know OF The Ramones. I was saturated with Mel Blanc's presence growing up on Warner Bros cartoons.

I'll add The Ramones to my list of music to listen to.
Dave

Postby David Yun on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:55 pm

Dude, don't just add the Ramones, kick them to the fucking top.

Man, how'd you grow up here without knowing about them? I mean, they'd throw free concerts for city events.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Dave on Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:10 pm

Want me to actually answer that?

Extremely sheltered upbringing by a Mexican lady will do that. Follow it up with an emotionally unstable and depressed young adulthood which prevented me from trying to take anything in.

You have to understand that the majority of the kids (ages 8 to 16) of parents that are friends of my mom, all hispanic, which had similar upbringings as myself are just as if not more ignorant about the world around them than I WAS.

I know it frustrates you and the others when I'm so ignorant about things that you assume I should know. I'm not trying to please you or anyone, but I am making an effort to take in what I can now. I can't help what has already passed. I can only help myself now, and I am ^_^
Dave

Postby MadCat on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:41 pm

*gives Dave big huggles* We wuv you Dave!

Actually, my best friend in high school was kinda like that too. She didn't get a lot of cultural references, because she lived in a house way up in the mountains with no electricity, and I believe she was homeschooled for a while, as well. So not a lot of opportunity to soak up outside cultural influences. We had a lot of fun either teasing her about not getting things, or corrupting her. :twisted:
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Dave on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:46 pm

I'll take that hug.

Actually, part of why Squishy Dave is so oblivious is directly related to the lack of exposure to pop-culture. I really was THAT oblivious to many things. I'm still somewhat oblivious now, but far better off than before.

I'm sure this friend of yours is probably in the same boat, having now had the opportunity to soak up the "common knowledge" that we all share to some extent :)
Dave

Postby David Yun on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:54 pm

But dude...you went to school, and had friends and stuff. Didn't you have a Walkman? Ever listen to the radio?
David Yun
Site Admin

Next

Return to Internet Spelunking