Monday, March 17th 2008

Discuss the column!

Re: Monday, March 17th 2008

Postby Dave on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 pm

At the risk of sounding like I'm trying to generate pity, no, I didn't have any friends to speak of until high school. You happen to know them all. Prior to that I had 2 buddies I'd hang out with in the last year of Jr. High. One went to a different school. The other dropped out. Prior to that, didn't really get along with anyone, seeing as how I was not interested in gang life, momma vargas thought it'd be too dangerous to partake in sports, and I was essentially the object of ridicule for being poor and spoke funny (as in, I wasn't speaking spanglish... not kidding, it was "weird" to speak anything approaching actual English in my grade school and Jr. High. :p ).

Didn't have a walkman. Can't excuse not using the radio. Guess I was more interested in cartoons and how to replicate them.

But yeah, I'm not up to speed culturally.

[Bleh... sorry if I'm giving too much info about my past... but yeah, there it is :) ]
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby David Yun on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:16 pm

Hah. Well no wonder you take friendly shit-talking personally sometimes. You missed out on the social rites of adolescence, that employed endless hazing to mask our universal confusion and insecurities. I think we need to implement a full scale regimen of beating you, belittling you, and chucking dodgeballs at you. Wait a sec, all we're missing are the dodgeballs ;)
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Dave on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:20 pm

^_^

Dodgeballs?

Bring it, little man!

I took great joy in beating the other kids in dodgeball.

^_^
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Yino on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:40 am

Culturally distanced?
yes I can understand and I feel you Dave.
<insert signature>
Yino

Postby Parsifal on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:37 pm

...but...I...I never had a walkman either....I mean, I found one on a bus once, and since there was no way to even know who left it I decided to keep it...but then the next day I saw Steve had just broken his so I offered mine up and..yeah.. I'll go sit over there ----> now.
Parsifal

Postby Parsifal on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:10 am

The big thing to remember about "The Ramones" is that besides rocking like mad, they were good people. They made a whole ton of friends on the way through, were always willing to help out, just play for the sake of playing and generally stuck together through whatever came (including all the Joey/Johnny clashing). Just take a look at Johnny Ramone's grave marker in the picture we're referencing. That's a pretty cool quote...
Hell Joey Ramone still has an annual Birthday Bash. As you can see in the flyer at the previous link, it sells out, and fairly quickly. The planning for this years is already under way. People still visit his grave and leave things like mix-tapes and guitar picks. Also, he was totally OCD to a level beyond Dee and would check himself into hospitals when it got too bad.

I know Dave has heard "I Wanna Be Sedated", everyone has, and he got a little "Blitzkrieg Bop" in his plastic guitar gaming. And I know damn well he knows this clip
Parsifal

Postby Dave on Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:18 am

@ Arturo:

Refering to that last paragraph refering to me: Yep, yes, and yeah.
Dave

Previous

Return to Internet Spelunking