3/19

Discuss the column!

3/19

Postby David Yun on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:38 pm

Nobody's "hanging in there on the whole 'Lost' thing" LOL. You're either watching one of the best shows on television (network or otherwise) or you're not.

And there's a legitimate reason why a talented actor like Downey hadn't been working much...
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Re: 3/19

Postby Dave on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:52 pm

You'll recall an episode of Batman Beyond where Terry McGinnis had to battle that question himself: "Am I really just 'a guy in a suit?' "

He went the episode wearing Nightwing's mask using his own skills and abilities, sans suit, answering the question with results. That and THE Batman believed that it was all in the kid to begin with.

In the later episodes, recall that Terry more and more began to use his head.
Last edited by Dave on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Mike on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:17 pm

The fucking strike killed it for me. I think at this point I'm just waiting for the DVD's of the current season. =\
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby MadCat on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Dave wrote:You'll recall an episode of Batman Beyond where Terry McGinnis had to battle that question himself: "Am I really just 'a guy in a suit?' "

He went the episode wearing Nightwing's mask using his own skills and abilities, sans suit, answering the question with results. That and THE Batman believed that it was all in the kid to begin with.

In the later episodes, recall that Terry more and more began to use his head.

Aww man, now I really want to watch that episode. I liked Batman Beyond, but I didn't always get to watch it regularly, and it's been so long I don't remember if I've seen that one or not. Sounds awesome though.
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Dave on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:22 pm

Bonus: Spy Hunter.

You could dispose of those bulky armored cars by "Pit Maneuvering" them. Hit them on the edges from behind and you were good to bump them off. Just do NOT let them get right next to you. You COULD bump them from the side, but you had to have ridiculous timing (and luck).
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby David Yun on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:40 pm

Madcat, dunno if you Netflix or use another similar service, but yeah, Batman Beyond is on DVD. I bought seasons one and three (two had issues of management dictating "more action" and "emphasis on Terry, not old fogey Wayne". Aside from Terry being a complete knockoff of Spider-Man, that character, that show, and yep that episode were pretty dang cool.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Parsifal on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:27 pm

I am fully aware of the reasons why Robert Downey Jr. was "off the market" for a good while, which is part of the reason I'm glad he's working steadily again. I'm happy for the guy.

As for "Lost", I've only observed from the outside. Like watching the droves of people who are "In" or "Out" on a week by week basis. Highly amusing.

And I pretty much threw in the reference to McGinnis to get a rise out of Dave. Figured it would be good for a twisted pair of panties or two. I liked the show as well, even when he gained the ability to turn invisible (freaking haxxor). If they ever decide to take the "Batman: Beyond" property out of mothballs for another series or a movie, then I will happily accompany Vargas to the theater/illicitly burnt disc to give it a look.

Hey Madcat, have you seen the unedited version of "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker"?
Parsifal

Postby MadCat on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:33 am

Parsifal wrote:Hey Madcat, have you seen the unedited version of "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker"?

Haven't yet. Not sure if the version we have is edited or unedited, actually.
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Parsifal on Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:39 am

It should say right on the box. Check the link to Amazon above or at the IMDB link here and look for yours.
Parsifal

Postby Parsifal on Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:52 am

And for the sake of completion, here is another picture of the bus in today's column, this time with its "Crew":
Parsifal

Next

Return to Internet Spelunking