What do you hate at work?

What should I be digressing about?

What do you hate at work?

Postby SteveW on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:44 pm

What do you hate about the place where you work?

I hate that people in a hurry, without having considered how doing things in advance would make life easier for everyone, put the everyone in the workplace at risk.

An unlabeled acrylamide spill this morning was what inspired this post. For those of you lucky enough to not be familiar with acrylamide, it's a carcinogen. :x
SteveW

Re: What do you hate at work?

Postby Mike on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:48 pm

People who call in at least everyday... asking the same questions everyday... and need clarification on the same thing 3 times in one conversation, no matter how many times you've talked to them.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby Dave on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:25 pm

Nothing. I have to say that I'm a very lucky individual since I can honestly say I don't hate anything at work.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Mike on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:30 pm

Dave wrote:Nothing. I have to say that I'm a very lucky individual since I can honestly say I don't hate anything at work.

Fuckin' liar.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby Dave on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Not lying. I'll get annoyed now and then, but I don't hate anything. You've heard me rant about my last job. I've heard you rant about your previous jobs. THOSE jobs deserved hate. This job, we have an awesome boss, work we can manage, relaxed atmosphere and decent pay.

... although I'll agree with you that SOME callers can manage to sour your day ;)
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Jenn on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:12 am

At my work I hate that they keep changing the rules on a whim, and they don't take into consideration how it affects our residents. I work in a community care center, and you try telling the 94 year old lady with Dementia that she can't have 12 soda crackers because the management changed the 9 year evening snack policy on a whim.

It just doesn't go over all that well.
Jenn

Postby Maru on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:16 am

There's this one lady who annoys the hell out of me, and tugs at my fingerless gloves while insisting on me telling me where I got them. DAMNIT LEAVE MY GLOVES ALONE you're going to stretch them. *hiss*

ps: She needs to STFU about how the lights are off in a small section of the hallway because she "doesn't like it." Said individual is going to be in a room that can't see said lights, so why's she throwing a shitfit over the fact they were off? e.e The light's not even in my section, so she can piss off and go bother the person in charge of said area.
Maru

Postby james on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:39 am

Mike wrote:People who call in at least everyday... asking the same questions everyday... and need clarification on the same thing 3 times in one conversation, no matter how many times you've talked to them.

So true... I'm glad I'm off the phones now :mrgreen:
http://www.redlinedaily.com

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals.
Meat is Murder.... Tasty, Tasty Murder.
james

Postby shibboleth1977 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:37 am

Large class sizes, parents who don't care about their child's education, and students who perpetually do not turn in homework.
shibboleth1977

Postby Aranthos on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:11 pm

shibboleth1977 wrote:Large class sizes, parents who don't care about their child's education, and students who perpetually do not turn in homework.

You would really hate me then... In my Mechanics class wince September we've been given a piece of homework every second Monday. I have neither completed nor handed in a single one. However - the class tutor never checks, so it's all good ^,^
Aranthos

Next

Return to Generalalities and Random Tangents