Tip of the Day: Chocolate Soda!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should I be digressing about?

Re: Tip of the Day: Chocolate Soda!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby MadCat on Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:02 am

Yes, I seem to be highly suggestible that way, but it only seems to work for food/drinks.

GeForce 9800GX2? Not so much.

I do want to upgrade my system someday, though, so it quits bogging down while I'm working in Photoshop Elements. (the wussy version of Photoshop.)

Now there's some computer things I want. A real copy of Photoshop, and a tablet monitor. *drool* Each of which is ludicrously expensive, unfortunately, and thus not something I will realistically attain.
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Aranthos on Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:06 am

Photoshop I can help with - though I shall discuss no more on this forum for fear of being excluded from a seemingly innocent, legitimate community. Meet me in your PM inbox in 5 minutes - there will be a package for you. Sssh.
Aranthos

Postby MadCat on Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:48 am

LOL!

Not sure 'innocent' is the right word to describe this place. 'perverted' or 'not fit for polite conversation' might work better. ;)
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Maru on Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:04 am

Perfectly Legal Photoshop 101:

Get the trial, use it, and when it runs out... Reset your computer's clock to one day before the trial expires. Tah-dah! Unlimited photoshop "trial"! :3
Maru

Postby Yino on Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:51 pm

Or you can always try the no so nifty open-source tools. My suggestions are Gimp and Inkscape.
<insert signature>
Yino

Postby Aranthos on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:39 pm

I never was a big fan of GIMP (the name was the final nail in the coffin =]) but have never tried Inkscape. Besides, why bother with such software when it is very easy to crack Photoshop, which in my experiance at least, is better by a considerable margin.

Dave, you're a drawy person, what'choo think of various softwarez?
Aranthos

Postby David Yun on Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:41 pm

Aranthos wrote:Besides, why bother with such software when it is very easy to crack Photoshop, which in my experiance at least, is better by a considerable margin.

Um, because piracy is theft and fucks up the industry. Surely, as a PC gamer, you've felt the result of this this past year...
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Aranthos on Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:31 pm

Dee speaks truth... To be honest though I feel ok about my habits, as I only pirate games or software from big publishers who can take the hit. Granted, if everyone followed my example the whole industry would collapse, but despite poor people like me robbing EA of their money, the games industry is still growing rather rapidly. Another thing worth noting is that I usually (and I mean this with very few exceptions) only 'pirate' software that I either own or plan on owning in the future. Yes, I do intend to legally purchase Photoshop, but at the minute my monthly salary (once it's covered web hosting, xbox live, WoW, food, buses, and replacements of computer hardware) simply isn't sufficient for me to buy it now.

Every game I've downloaded (except one - Hospital Tycoon) was one I owned and had either lost/broken or had on another platform. Years ago I never bothered getting games on PC because my PC was shite. Now that it can run everything except Supreme Commander and Crysis, I honestly don't feel like I'm conning the industry because I'm downloading games that I already own, and thus, have already paid for. They've made their money off me, and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy every cross-platform game I own on the PC was well as whichever console I bought it for.
Aranthos

Postby David Yun on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:47 am

Yahr, I'm totally a "spirit of the law" guy. I mean, the letter of the law frowns on me putting my DVDs onto my PSP. There's no way I'm buying the DVD and the UMD.

But the argument that "the publisher can afford to take the hit" simply doesn't wash anymore. More and more studios are now leading on console systems, or abandoning the PC platform entirely because it simply isn't sufficiently lucrative anymore. All the investment capital for PC development will dry up if this continues.

Here are a few examples of how dire the situation has become:

High end $500+ GPUs keep selling like hotcakes. nVidia and ATI are rolling in it, but the sales numbers don't add up. At face value, people are buying vid cards, but no games to go with them. Right.

Crysis sold 80,000 copies. Hundreds of thousands of copies of the patch have been downloaded.

Data tracked and extrapolated on ONE bit-torrent site indicated that almost a million copies of Call of Duty 4 were illegally downloaded - just from that one source.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Parsifal on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:42 am

I remember seeing that torrent article.

"Crysis sold 80,000 copies. Hundreds of thousands of copies of the patch have been downloaded."
Maybe its all the re-formatting and re-installing those 80k are doing?....*cough*..
Parsifal

PreviousNext

Return to Generalalities and Random Tangents