Lunar Eclipse

What should I be digressing about?

Lunar Eclipse

Postby MadCat on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:14 am

Total lunar eclipse. Saw it tonight (end of 12/20-beginning of 12/21); it was awesome. Moon totally covered by Earth's shadow. Supposedly hasn't been one like this since 1630; won't be another one again for almost 400 years. Was sweet. :D
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Re: Lunar Eclipse

Postby Dave on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:53 pm

MadCat wrote:Total lunar eclipse. Saw it tonight (end of 12/20-beginning of 12/21); it was awesome. Moon totally covered by Earth's shadow. Supposedly hasn't been one like this since 1630; won't be another one again for almost 400 years. Was sweet. :D

Do'eth!
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby MadCat on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101221/sc ... VjbGlwc2U-

That is one hideous link, man. :P But it's the first story I saw about the eclipse this morning.
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Panda S. H. on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:50 am

So, after travelling 2.5 hours East to my hometown, I went 2.5 hours further East to watch to the eclipse at the beach with friends.

We nearly got frostbite. D:

And oh,

First friggen shooting star seen at a non-meteor shower event! Whooo!
You play? I play. Good, let's play~! What are we playing? Hnn. grins
Panda S. H.

Postby Dave on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:59 am

Hope you made your wish... and boo on frostbite :p
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby MadCat on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:01 am

Oh man, you saw it too? I knew I saw a shooting star there! Woot! Sorry you almost got frostbite! :( It was freakin' COLD out there! And I imagine it's even worse where you were!
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Panda S. H. on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Well, the girls I was with caught a second one. So there were at least that many, mine was north east of the Moon, south of Ursa Major.

Wish was made. :D

Frostbite was... avoided. We were out from 2345 to 0245 in 20 degree weather. Toes were checked before we started back home. D:
Panda S. H.

Postby Dave on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Man, I don't think I've EVER been in weather lower than 40 degrees. 20 degrees is cold.
Dave

Postby Panda S. H. on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:08 am

I am called "The Penguin" in a few circles, not for resemblance to the character, but for my love of cold.

In truth, I'm perfect in 50-40 degree weather and can stand colder temps when I know I can go inside if I need to. Freezing and below just aren't kosher. I checked.

I hate 80+.
Panda S. H.

Postby Dave on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:02 am

ten years ago, 50 degree weather would make me shiver like a chihuahua unless I was bundled up, but I could walk around in 90degree weather wearing a coat. Don't ask, I was a very weird kid. Thanks to Joel and Arturo conditioning me to cold weather (we spent many nights during winter outside just chatting), I'm now perfectly comfy in what passes for cold weather in Los Angeles. Still, I will NEVER understand how Arturo can stand outside in 40 degree weather in nothing but shorts and a tee. That boy's crazy.
Dave

Next

Return to Generalalities and Random Tangents