Barbarians and Modern Age Warfare in Civ4 NOT impossible

What should I be digressing about?

Barbarians and Modern Age Warfare in Civ4 NOT impossible

Postby Dave on Fri May 30, 2008 4:47 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080529/sc_nm/brazil_tribe_dc

Unknown, uncontacted Brazilian tribe photographed from aircraft.

Just goes to show that you your modern tanks CAN be assaulted by "barbarian hordes" in Civilization games.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Re: Barbarians and Modern Age Warfare in Civ4 NOT impossible

Postby Yino on Fri May 30, 2008 9:43 pm

Well they were going to fire arrows to the plane, so why don't fire arrows to the tank :P.

And is not such a weird thing that such tribes still exist, think that machu-pichu, a place of 325 km², was not discovered until the last century and the amazones are quite a more "dark" place.
<insert signature>
Yino

Re: Barbarians and Modern Age Warfare in Civ4 NOT impossible

Postby MadCat on Fri May 30, 2008 10:14 pm

It makes me kind of sad to think about the fate of such tribes - like the one that was nearly wiped out by colds and diseases after their first contact with the modern world; or the tribe that will soon be extinct because there are only 6 members left, all related and unable to reproduce, that were all slaughtered by loggers or ranchers who wanted their land.
Can't legally cultivate land where indigenous peoples dwell? No problem - just kill them all!
Oops, we didn't mean to kill you all, we forgot that you'd have no resistance to our viruses and bacteria!
Sorry, you weren't using that land, were you? We needed more than we already had. kthxbai.

Sigh. :(
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Return to Generalalities and Random Tangents