Only I can hurt myself this much.

What should I be reading?

Only I can hurt myself this much.

Postby iroNy on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:00 am

So I was browsing the art on the graphic novel when I hit the splash page of the ending. I screamed in horror and my own stupidity. The clerk laughed and shook his head, Arturo made a nice quip which I currently can't remember as I'm a little woozy from a vicodin and a double shot of Jack & Coke, to be explained-now.
So the treatment of a sprain is to ice the damn thing down 3 times a day until the inflammation goes away at which point you alternate heat and cold to speed up the healing process. I know this, I've consoled people asking at the pharmacy to do this. So why didn't I do this? I figured why wait for the inflammation to go down and plunkered my freshly injured foot into hot relaxing water for 30 minutes, note that the maximum time on any hot/cold treatment is 10-15 minutes per sitting.
After the water started to cool, I removed my foot. Which screamed in protest to the cool air and movement as a foot in heat is full of blood and *EVERY* cell screams in pain. I agonize and bang my head at my own stupidity as I wait for the blood to flow out and the pain to subside. After 10 minutes of the worst pain I've ever experienced, I hit the cabinet for a pain pill and the fridge for a Jack & Coke. The foot has finally stopped throbbing. I can barely walk still. Dumb, Dumb, DUMB.
Meet Masuka version Season 1.
iroNy

Re: Only I can hurt myself this much.

Postby Dave on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:14 pm

I'm confused as to how your injured foot and the comic shop are related...

But man, didn't know you were hurt. Sorry to hear that.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Parsifal on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:10 am

Jack LaLanne over here got a little over-zealous at the gym, that's how.
Parsifal

Postby Dave on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:58 pm

Parsifal wrote:Jack LaLanne over here got a little over-zealous at the gym, that's how.

... so... his injured foot and the comic shop are related because you two went to the gym first, then dropped by the comic shop on your way home after he injured himself?

At first glance, your post seemed to answer the question of HOW Ny got injured which wasn't asked.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Parsifal on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:53 am

Both were meant as examples where his being dumb resulted in injury. The comic shop is the mental kind. He did mention he was all Coke'ed up so you can't really blame him for not laying it out properly.
Parsifal

Postby Mike on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:01 pm

Parsifal wrote: He did mention he was all Coke'ed.

STOP IT! For the love of all that is holy.... just STOP!
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby Parsifal on Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:40 pm

:mrgreen:
Parsifal

Return to Books and Comics