MW2 Map Pack... $15

What should I be playing?

MW2 Map Pack... $15

Postby Dave on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:00 am

Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Re: MW2 Map Pack... $15

Postby Mike on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 pm

This is where my Econ class is exciting.

They're just maximizing their profit. Charging less when they could get more is just silly in this capitalist world and charging more would cause the quantity demanded to tank. They know they can hit profits by charging that much, since the demand for MW2 is relatively inelastic... I mean really, what else is there? Battlefield 2?

WHUT WHUT?!?!?
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Re: MW2 Map Pack... $15

Postby Dave on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:33 pm

If you think about it, it's actually "cheaper" than other map packs. You're paying three dollars per map. CoD4's map pack was ten dollars for three maps, or roughly three dollars and thirty-three cents a pop. To my knowledge, the Halo map packs were also ten dollars a pop (later free or reduced in price, but that's after they were up for a while).

It seems like the knee jerk reaction is actually more of the "It's cool to hate on MW2" vibe that's been going around. My INITIAL reaction was the same until I realized that five maps for fifteen bucks is cheaper than three maps for ten bucks.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Return to Games