Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations

What should I be playing?

Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations

Postby Dave on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:17 pm

I've been playing Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations on my DS for some time now. I'm loving every moment of it. If you're a fan of the Ace Attorney series, I recommend you get this right away.

Unlike the previous Ace Attorney games, where the game play was split into an investigation section and a courtroom section, this time the game play flows naturally and links all portions of the game together. You need to look for clues, get witness statements, use your "logic" and "deduction" skills (this game's gimmick) to link pieces of information to form new information, as well as engage NPCs in the "everything is a battle!" anime-style arguments that the series is best known for, all at the scene of the crime. This is a much preferred method as you no longer find yourself wanting to rush through the "boring" investigation to get to the "fun" courtroom battles.

As far as presentation goes, this game continues the series charm and lovable characters, only this time you get to see everything in a more traditional old-school way, where you have your main character as an avatar that you can move about the environment, instead of having the world shown in fixed scenes shown to you in first person. Now you get to see exactly how your character reacts visually to everything instead of just guessing from context.

Again, fans of the series will love this recent addition, and I would encourage anyone who enjoys classic adventure style games to try this game out.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Return to Games