@ Dan, and other Civ fans

What should I be playing?

@ Dan, and other Civ fans

Postby Dave on Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Danny. Get Civ V. Get it now!
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Re: @ Dan, and other Civ fans

Postby Exoromans on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:18 am

Damn straight! Civ V is freaking addicting!

Do miss some of the Cultural aspects of Civ IV where you could simply take enemy territory through a massive culture build with minimal defenses then plunge straight into their cities, but the new Hexagon based map and the nerfing of the stacks makes for a much more interesting gameplay
Exoromans

Postby trebuchet on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:40 am

I like the fact that they brought back zones of control and tweaked it a bit so it's not too cheesy.

Also, the new combat system rocks because it's no longer mega-stack versus ultra-mega-stack.

I'm actually glad you can't "amoeba" another nation's city anymore 'cause it makes the cultural victory harder to accomplish.

I still think Civ 3 had the best animations for units (battleship bombardments were the best).
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

Postby Mike on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:45 am

So I'm taking Paul's roleplaying perspective in the game, which makes it that much more awesome.

I was in the Renaissance, exploring the seas... and I found a 1 hex island with a ruin on it.

"You have discovered the secret technology of an ancient civilization... Steam Power"

-what the fuck? I found god damned Atlantis.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby Exoromans on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Mike wrote:I was in the Renaissance, exploring the seas... and I found a 1 hex island with a ruin on it.

"You have discovered the secret technology of an ancient civilization... Steam Power"

-what the fuck? I found god damned Atlantis.

....... :o

...........................BOOM!!

Yeah that sound? That was my mind being blown
Exoromans

Return to Games