Play By Forum RPG - Discussion Thread

What should I be playing?

Re: Play By Forum RPG - Discussion Thread

Postby sismondbang on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:17 am

Average height and very fit, a bit wiry and pale of skin with short dark hair and small inset blue eyes. Aside from the pulse and room temperature body, a model of health.
sismondbang

Postby Kodi on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:12 am

Blonde hair in a short pixie cut, blue eyes... basicly, tinkerbell except human, and a different hair style.
-Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Postby Kodi on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:31 am

Also, I'm not sure of the liberties I can take with things. I'm used to an online role play environment where I generally can progress things freely and will be corrected if I go outside my boundries. eg. "noticing" a liquor cabinet, or writing the counselor getting me a drink while idly chatting. If I shouldn't assume anything or embellish let me know :)
-Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Postby Dan on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:13 am

Kodi wrote:... basicly, tinkerbell except human, and a different hair style.

Also, hopefully, like, ten times bigger.

Also Kodi, one more clarification. Does Alisa know about/understand her condition, or is she oblivious to it?
Last edited by Dan on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
*stab*
Well, I'm alright.
-Malcom Reynolds "Serenity"
Dan

Postby Dan on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:32 am

Kodi wrote:Also, I'm not sure of the liberties I can take with things.

You've got it just right. You can take whatever liberties you like within the boundaries of character and logic (even with other PCs, but to a lesser extent) and the GM's job is to tell you when you go out of bounds.
*stab*
Well, I'm alright.
-Malcom Reynolds "Serenity"
Dan

Postby Yino on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:53 pm

Average height, somewhat thin, black hair with a goatee, and light blue eyes.
<insert signature>
Yino

Postby Panda S. H. on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:30 pm

((The fact that I'm listening to 90s hits on my top 40 station is both creepy, nostalgic, and awesome. [LFO Summer Girls]))

Keiran's got brown-coppery hair and stubble, large build and lightly tanned skin.

SN: Other than praying that my first post was decent, I'd like to use my color conversations for spoken as well. I imagine that when Analise has majority control that his voice sounds slightly off. This may ofcourse be cheating and escaping proper narrative form. Decision?
You play? I play. Good, let's play~! What are we playing? Hnn. grins
Panda S. H.

Postby Kodi on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:27 pm

She's acutely aware of her condition :) She just doesn't bring it up very often unless it's... relevant.
-Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Postby MadCat on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Tall, slender build but well-muscled, like a runner or swimmer. Pale skin, mid-to-dark brown hair, dark eyes, neatly combed (though it gets a little tousled in the front if left to its own devices) and immaculately dressed in a fashionable, high-quality suit and gray top hat. Wears a small pair of golden spectacles when reading.

A quick quibble from the play thread: last name is Chamberlain, not Chamberlin. Many thanks! :D

Equipment:
Various suits of fashionable clothing, including gloves, hat, cane and glasses, pocketwatch and a good overcoat
Ludicrous amounts of money
Excellent quality fencing blades and related gear
Sprawling mansion (now on fire) and multiple smaller residences around the globe
Business connections
Various transportation such as horse carriages and a small rowboat for fishing
[What other things does a gentleman of quality usually possess? I'd have to research to get a full list, but from the cliches, you get the idea.]

Picture of Mr. Chamberlain can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30259650@N04/5457523568/
Last edited by MadCat on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby trebuchet on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:39 am

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 500 lbs. (crafted from the toughest and lightest alloys known to science)
Eyes: nominally a soft emerald green, a glaring red when defense protocols have been activated
Hair: none
Build: metal casing has been shaped to resemble the nominal form of a man
Attire: dressed as a man-servant, comes with several other appropriate outfits to suit the occasion
Functional Parts:

Head/Neck
Left eye can telescopically zoom up to x500 magnification
Right eye can microscopically zoom up to cellular levels
Left ear can pick up subsonic frequencies
Right ear can pick up ultrasonic frequencies
Nose can analyze up to 100,000,000 known chemical compounds both natural and manufactured
Mouth and throat contain a highly sensitive vocal emulation device that can mimic any known dialect in the world, knowledge of foreign languages must be uploaded individually after purchase from any authorized Devlin Group re-seller, it can also mimic the sounds of all known species of game in the world
(these devices are nominally used by gentlemen hunters)

Left Hand/Arm
Tip of the left index finger flips up to reveal a small nozzle that pours tea or coffee
Tip of left middle finger pours juice
Tip of left ring finger pours water (hot or cold)
Tip of left pinky contains a fire-retardant chemical to be used in case of emergency
Tip of the left thumb contains a flame projector typically used for outdoor cooking (this device can be manually altered in intensity as individual needs require but caution must used when doing this)
Special break-away white gloves have been provided with this model

Right Hand/Arm
Tip of the right index finger reveals a flat-head screwdriver
Tip of the right middle finger reveals a philips screwdriver
Tip of the right ring finger reveals a socket wrench
Tip of the right pinky reveals an auto-matic drill
Tip of the right thumb reveals a small saw
Within the casing of the right forearm is a Webley Revolver Mk I modified to quickly escape its housing and be placed into the hands of the Man-Servant when its defense protocols are initiated; the pistol holds six shots of Webley .455 caliber rounds with extra ammunition housed within the forearm for 120 more shots (typically used for defense in a lower profile or urban setting, manual reloading required)

Main Body
The front of the main body contains several small hidden containers for discretionary use (extra tea leaves, coffee beans, sugar cubes, scones, etc.)
Housed within the main body are two shoulder-mounted Maxim machine guns; when defense protocols are activated the two guns simultaneously eject from the rear housing of the main body and elevate themselves using tracks leading up to the shoulders of the Man-Servant; the guns are belt-fed .303 rifle rounds at 600 rounds per minute; the housings contain 250 rounds each; as the guns are water-cooled be aware that extended use of them may interfere with the Man-Servant's other domestic duties (hot/cold water, coffee, tea, etc.)
Also, within the main body, can be found the containers required to fuel many of its functions (petrol, kerosene, water, etc.); replacement containers can be purchased from authorized Devlin Group re-sellers when these items have run their course

*The functionality of the legs will be a surprise (if the need ever arises)!*
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

PreviousNext

Return to Games