15 Most Annoying Video Games Characters According to Cracked

What should I be playing?

15 Most Annoying Video Games Characters According to Cracked

Postby Dave on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:04 pm

I have to say I agree with almost everything on this list. I personally would have put Raiden much, MUCH closer to the No. 1 spot.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15902_15-most-annoying-video-game-characters-from-otherwise-great-games.html
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Re: 15 Most Annoying Video Games Characters According to Cracked

Postby Parsifal on Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:29 am

Maybe, but the fact they completely omitted (or did not allow) Rose to be there as a pair with Raiden meant that there were more annoying characters than him. If it had been "Raiden/Rose" I would have a hard time deciding between those useless fucks and the Duck Hunt Dog.

Personally though, I found Ashley Graham to not be that bad. If I told her to wait, she did. If I started shooting she'd either get behind me or barring that just duck and try not to get in my way. If I pointed at a big old dumpster and told her to get in and lock the top, that's exactly what she did. The fact that she'd shimmy through vents to open doors and help be flip switches was a definite plus as well.
Parsifal

Postby Kodi on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:29 am

I liked Ashley too, as far as I can like a helpless victim anyway. If you gave her direction, she would do it. If you told her to go operate complex machinery while you shotgun parasite infested monsters, off she went, and she didn't even complain. In fact, the only time she ever really complained is when she was being carted off by cultists which, lets face it, is probably your own damn fault. If more helpless victims were like her, then maybe I wouldn't shudder involuntarily every time I get a mission briefing saying "You need to protect Dr. Helpless McTargetson"

Raiden was just a question mark to me. I think I went through that whole game wondering "So, when do I get to play snake...Now? No... Now!? No..." He's actually a better thief than a spy because he managed to hijack an entire plot.

I don't hate the duck hunt dog? Of course, I wasn't entirely sentient the first time I played duck hunt so I guess the mockery was lost on me. I probably just thought "Doggie" as my big sister helped me aim for the next duck.
-Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Postby Dave on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:57 pm

You were too young to know true pain, Kodi. Be grateful for that.
Dave

Return to Games