Play By Forum RPG - Play Thread

What should I be playing?

Play By Forum RPG - Play Thread

Postby Dan on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:58 pm

So just to lay out some protocol. This thread will be designated for in-character play for the upcoming game. Small out of character things can be can be designated by writing them in [brackets], however, any commentary, rules clarification, and generally discussion should be relegated to the previous thread which I've renamed "Play By Forum RPG - Discussion Thread"
_________________
Mercy is the mark of a great man.
*stab*
I guess I'm just a good man.
*stab*
Well, I'm alright.
-Malcom Reynolds "Serenity"
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:06 am
Location: Harlem, NY

Re: Play By Forum RPG - Play Thread

Postby Dan on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:33 am

-=Mr. Richardson=-
You hadn't expected for them to catch up with you so quickly. Not in Amsterdam and certainly not in such numbers. Thank god this thing was built for speed. Due to the efforts of your mechanical friend you managed evade their main fleet, but they launched a wing of gliders to pursue you. You manned the turrets and, just before blasting the last one into oblivion you saw a rocket take out the port engine. Or, is it the starboard? You're not sure. The one on the left.

-=[UNIT DESIGNATION UNKNOWN]=-
-=-=-=-=Diagnostic-=-=-=-=
1886/4/4-0745GMT Temporal Systems Functioning
Unit Designation: [Unknown] *Please request master to update data set* *Encourage Master to fill out registration card*
Condition: 100%
Assessment: Fully Funcional
-=-=-=-=Assess Situation:Master-=-=-=-=
Designation: Aaron T. Richardson
Classification:Hostage*Cancel* *Data no longer relevant* Pilot 10%/Engineer 60%/ Fugitive %30
Condition: Unharmed, Minor cuts and briuses. *No Action Needed*
Status: Flustered *Offer Sympathy*
-=-=-=-=Assess Situation:Location-=-=-=-=
Altitude: 5,237m -9.8m/s^2
Assessment: *MORE DATA REQUIRED*
-=-=-=-=Assess Situation:Vessel-=-=-=-=
Class: Heavily Modified Lampyridae Class Cargo Frigate.
Designation:[Unknown]
Condition:
Hull: 76%
R.Engine Gondola: 88%
L. Engine Gondola: 0% **Danger** *Missing* **Danger** *Missing*
Gassbags 45% -2.5%/min
Assessment: Hard Landing Imminent *Brace for impact*


-=Mr. Chamberlain=-
You morning started, as it generally does, with the soft chime of a silver bell rung by Fitzpatrick, your aging valet. You rise to meet the morning in poor spirits, having endured terrible nightmares. Apocalyptic visions of earthquakes, fire and the screeching hounds of hell. To open your eyes to Fitzpatrick's solid and reliable face is the perfect panacea for these dreams which still vaguely haunt your senses.
"Good morning, sir. I've brought you your copy of The Telegraph, along with a message from your wife. She left for Genoa at six this morning and wished to convay that she desires you to enjoy yourself as much as possible in her absence and she shall be returning with a present. You received a telegram shortly after from Mr. Westcott, the gentleman who oversees your holdings... overseas *heh heh*. He's afraid that union troubles may bring a halt to production, however, he plans to enlist the the most efficient labor consultants in order to prevent this. The marble tiles which you ordered for Ballroom have arrived and I sent Willkens to town to hire laborers install them. And finally, the east wing of the estate is currently on fire, having been the unfortunate landing spot for a crippled Airship. The staff are currently attempting to extinguish the conflagration, yet it may be best that we evacuate lest we perish in an orgy of smoke and fire...


...After your tea, of course."



-=Dr.Fielding=-
Your ship arrived in Trieste with the dawn and with the speed at which your department dispatched you on this little errand and the comfort they provided you're surprised that they bothered with a ship at all, rather than simply launch you out of a cannon. Despite the unpleasantness of the trip, your arrival was easy enough. Arrangements had been made with with the Austro-Hungarian authorities in order to make your entry into the country as smooth as possible. After disembarking, you find he consulate is only a short walk from the docks and while you would enjoy spending some time getting to know the city (the locals speak a perticularly interesting dialect of Italian), you were told that the package now pressed firmly under your arm must be presented with due haste. Your arrival was obviously anticipated. Once you come into view guards stand aside, doors are opened and you're ushered through until you find yourself in the office of the counsul. He's older then you imagined, but you still recognize his face, and know his name from a hundred differed anthropological journals. The Counsul opened the package carefully and examined the hideous bronze mask within. He smiled, showing off a hole in his grin caused by a somali spear which pierced his cheek in his youth. He put the "Thank you, young lady. Please, take a seat. My name is Sir Richard Francis Burton, her Majesty's Counsul in Triste. But, you may call me Dick. Now, I'd like to talk to you about immortality."

-=Mr. Fabbri=-

You know a mark when you see one, and the slightly bookish young lady who you followed from the ship to the British Consolate will certainly be easy pickings. You're particularly interested in the small brown parcel which she's clutching like her life depended on it.
Last edited by Dan on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
_________________
Mercy is the mark of a great man.
*stab*
I guess I'm just a good man.
*stab*
Well, I'm alright.
-Malcom Reynolds "Serenity"
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:06 am
Location: Harlem, NY

Re: Play By Forum RPG - Play Thread

Postby Dan on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:01 am

-=Mr. McGowan=-
Your father once told you that, as a man, despite what you're personal desires are, sometimes you simply must do that which must be done. This is why you, a fifth generation blacksmith and master artesian, are sitting on the back of a donkey cart with a dozen shiftless layabouts, bound to some noble's country estate in order to work for a pittance. Times is hard. You do what you must. However your stoicism quickly fades as you crest a hill to see this stately home half engulfed in flames and can only think, "Well, there goes another days pay."
_________________
Mercy is the mark of a great man.
*stab*
I guess I'm just a good man.
*stab*
Well, I'm alright.
-Malcom Reynolds "Serenity"
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:06 am
Location: Harlem, NY

Re: Play By Forum RPG - Play Thread

Postby Kodi on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:28 am

Alisa coughs politely, looking at the Council with a mildly quizzical expression. "That is quite an opening statement, if I may say so Sir... Richard." She notices a liquor cabinet and gestures slightly with her head. "It has been quite a hurried journey, before we continue, perhaps a glass of ah... brandy would be in order."
-Kodi
User avatar
Kodi
Demon Overlord
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Re: Play By Forum RPG - Play Thread

Postby Panda S. H. on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:52 pm

The man driving the cart--Walter? Willkens. You've a horrid memory. Thanks.--had mentioned installing floor tiles. Keiran's knowledge of basic home repair meant that whatever competence he'd needed for the floor tiles might be useful for rebuilding the home. If the fire could be put out soon enough... The idea behind helping people for self benefit never set well with his father, or himself, but this job was his only prospect for income for a week at least. Standing up for a better look, he imagined the glint of metal within the area that could be called the centre of the fire.

You can't let this day be normal? No shiny machines are going to greet you in this fire pit! Ana's lecture threw his balance, she wasn't as coordinated as he and had taken more control than necessary. Every day starts normal.
You play? I play. Good, let's play~! What are we playing? Hnn. grins
User avatar
Panda S. H.
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:08 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Play By Forum RPG - Play Thread

Postby MadCat on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Terrance Reginald Fitzpatrick Chamberlain III, Esq. blinks in surprise, momentarily nonplused, then sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose before tossing back the bedclothes.

“Dear god, what an unpleasant morning this is shaping up to be. Fitzpatrick, evacuate everyone who isn’t necessary to contain the fire... I daresay we should simply let the east wing burn itself out; I never liked that parlor anyway. And send for Dr. Collins to tend any injuries. Three sugars, please, and my black suit with gray vest. I’d best go see if any of my newly arrived guests are alive.”


[Next actions: quickly drink the tea while dressing, head in the direction of the fire once properly attired, including my sword-cane; one can never be too careful these days...]
Last edited by MadCat on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
User avatar
MadCat
=^-^=
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Bew Bogling Street, Everwas

Re: Play By Forum RPG - Play Thread

Postby trebuchet on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Sir, I offer my sympathies for your current condition. When we've landed, shall I put some tea on? Tea has proven to have lasting health benefits for your species as well as acting as a calming agent for stressful situations.

I would like to take this opportunity to encourage you to fill out the enclosed registration card as soon as possible so that This Unit may have a proper personal designation that is appropriate for your social standing, sir. It would not do to continuously refer to This Unit by its product designation of Devlin Corporations Mechanical Man-Servant Mark VI as it would be viewed by current societal standards as "dim-witted", "mundane", "dull", "unimaginative", "how did a Philistine like that come to own such a marvelous device?", and "lazy".

Also, this craft is currently flying on one engine. I suggest that you prepare yourself for impact, sir, as I do believe we will be making an emergency landing soon.

*Mark VI is waiting for his master to give him further instructions*
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
User avatar
trebuchet
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:34 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, California, USA

Re: Play By Forum RPG - Play Thread

Postby Dave on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:50 am

I stuff the paperwork that the robot hands me into my pocket and leap out of the chair.
"Mark Six, eh? Your name is Mark. Now keep her steady as long as possible while I check this flying hunk of junk for something useful."

[Dan, you wrote that we (Paul and I) are on a cargo frigate. I take a quick look to see if there's anything along the lines of a parachute that Paul and I can use to jump... assuming we have some breathing room between us and the pursuers -- Making This Up roll?. If not, let me know if I can get some more juice out of the engine that's left to help Paul land this as best as possible -- Super Genius roll?. Fail THAT, then I quickly strap myself back in and try not to panic more than I already am -- no roll, just sit there]
Last edited by Dave on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
User avatar
Dave
 
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Play By Forum RPG - Play Thread

Postby Yino on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:55 am

[Bookish lady heading to the British consulate? I suppose that would be Dr. Alisa Fielding right? If that's the case, she already arrived safe and sound to the consulate and opened the parcel. Which also means, I'm in Trieste]

[(-) = Thinking]
(Well, the trip was shorter than expected, so much for robbing the package along the way. Well, it's better this way. I'm much more experienced at stealing houses; and stealing the British consulate seems like a fitting challenge.
Now the problem is that I don't know what the package might be. If it's jewelry I can sell it. If it's not, then at least is certainly valuable to that lady or maybe even to the British consulate, which would mean ransom. Anyway, the package is money; and since the last robbery was a failure I'll be in need quite soon; the savings won't last for long.
Well for now let's take a look at the building, and plan the misdeed.)

I take a look at the building surroundings, get an idea of the measures, entrances, windows, etcetera. I get inside the consulate and asks the receptionist for the attention schedule. Leave with a smile saying I'll be back before they close. Now comes the funny part, I need to find a hotel room, a place to make the exchange in case of ransom and do some magic with a pocket clock before closing time.
<insert signature>
User avatar
Yino
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: Somewhere in Chile

Re: Play By Forum RPG - Play Thread

Postby trebuchet on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Very good, sir. I shall "keep her steady" for as long as possible.

[I roll my piloting to keep her steady long enough for Mr. Richardson to find whatever it is he's looking for. When he's done, or when I believe the craft to be impossible to maintain in the air any further, I try to land the frigate as gently as possible]
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
User avatar
trebuchet
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:34 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, California, USA


Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Learn about Advertising | Learn about Contributing | Learn about Us

Website is © 2005-2008 Direman Press. All content is © their respective creators. All rights reserved.
cron