TD Ideas

What should I be playing?

TD Ideas

Postby Kodi on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:55 am

Sooo, in case you don't know, I'm in the midst of furiously creating a Tower Defense UMS for Warcraft 3 (yeah, totally original I know) which was somewhat inspired by Element TD. If you havn't played Element TD, you should, its alot of fun for about... 5 and a half days. Then you figure out how to win and interest wanes.... Where was I...

Oh yes! So, I need ideas for towers. I've almost finished the core mechanics and now its time to get into the sheer content of the game. So, rather than strain what small portion of my brain I can allocate to creativity in between college, filial obligations, and GTA IV, I'm going to throw the doors open to you guys :)

Bear in mind that any tower ideas you post here are totally going to be stolen for my game, so unless you're comfortable with me using your ideas and claiming they were mine all along, don't post your million dollar Tower Defense idea ;)
-Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Re: TD Ideas

Postby Yino on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:29 pm

Flying little beasts throwing/spawning towers. Nothing is better than a living bullet.
<insert signature>
Yino

Postby Aranthos on Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Few suggestions here...

Some sort of melee tower that does damage to any enemies near it.
A sniper tower. Huge damage, huge range, low refire rate
AoE tower. Rocket/missile launcher kinda thing.
flamethrower style tower. Sustained damage to whatever is in its way.
Gunge tower, whatever it hits gets slowed down/stopped
rewind tower. When it hits an enemy it moves it backwards a certain amount.
Aranthos

Postby Parsifal on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:02 pm

I've jokingly suggested the "Marine Tower" in the past, but I wonder how upsetting to the mechanics something like the Warcraft III night elf buildings would be. A living structure with defensive/ranged capabilities that you can literally uproot and reposition.
Parsifal

Return to Games