Forza 2 Endurance Race

What should I be playing?

Forza 2 Endurance Race

Postby David Yun on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:12 am

So Aranthos found his copy of Forza. Let's finally do this thing. Who's in and when would be a good time for an hour and a half race? :D
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Re: Forza 2 Endurance Race

Postby Aranthos on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:22 am

WOO! You may pencil me in good man. And quite why my 2nd favourite 360 game wound up underneath my bed is anyone's guess...

More or less any time is good as long as I get some notice (to let my folks know that I _won't_ be able to do any chores during the race...) but it'd probably be easier for me at least if we have it either after 9PM GMT (4PM EST, 1PM California time [Pacific Standard?]). Any day is fine with me. Except Saturday 23rd of August, though I very strongly doubt it'll take us that long to sort this out.

Any word on car classes, or can I bring along my 1000BHP Monaro? 'Tis good fun up the straight :twisted:
Aranthos

Postby JohnP on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:12 pm

I have Forza don't know about the Hour and a half race though....
John
-------
JohnP

Postby Dave on Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:13 am

Tuesdays and Thursdays are no goes for me. Mon, Wed, and Fri I could do it in the evening up until midnight. Saturday's my best bet. Sunday's unlikely.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Dave on Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:13 am

And if we figure out a time, yeah, we need to know the rules.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Aranthos on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:25 am

I have only one rule I can suggest:

Nobody brings a car with a top speed of over 248MPH. That means they'd be faster than my Vauxhall.

But where is everyone else? Surely there were more than 3 people interested in the event...
Aranthos

Postby Parsifal on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm interested, but I've haven't got me a X360 at present. Need to regroup and muster and counter-attack on consumerism at some point.
Parsifal

Postby Aranthos on Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:29 pm

Go on Pars, you know you want to succumb to the inviting lure of the 360. Even moreso you want to compete with us in an endurance race.

I would suggest a 10 lap run on the Nurburgring, but (as I'm sure anyone who's attempted hot laps on it will understand) it's proving quite hard for me to reliably test my car's tuning settings on. Perhaps something slightly shorter would be more apt?

While we're talking about Forza, I remember one time I was playing online. The host set the game to R1 class only on the Nissan Speedway oval track. I made up the bullshit excuse that 'I hated the noise of R1 cars" in order to get him to allow any car... At this point they're all mocking, saying there's no way I could win etc. Even when I rolled out a U999 car they carried on. Got into the race, and their cars shot off the line I have to admit. 30 seconds later I'm barelling along at 220MPH and have just begun to catch up, and 30 seconds later again I was at 245-ish, and flew by them wrestling a huuuuge drift.. Their mocking stopped =]
Aranthos

Postby Parsifal on Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:17 am

Ah, Forza. Yes Aranthos, I do want to give into the call of the X360. I remember the few times I'd managed to play a little Forza online with you, that was fun.
Parsifal

Return to Games