Xbox 360 experience

What should I be playing?

Xbox 360 experience

Postby Kodi on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:57 am

Ok, looking around at it, its got some interesting potential, but theres alot of things I don't like.

Fortunatly most of the tings I don't like are probably going to get fixed fairly quickly, but here they are anyway.

a) Avatars, I'm unhappy with the options available to me, in both quality and quantity. Also, they look like they've been ripped from the wii almost exactly, and while I know that its a rip-off, it at least could have been kinda subtle.

b) Backgrounds, I had a very nice customised disgaia background I was using, but since that causes all of my friends to end up standing in front of wierd abstract xbox inspired art, I ditched it in favor of the "Night" background. I wish I could customize the buildings that people stand in front of, as well as determine who stands in front of what. But I guess I'll just have to wait for xbox to release a theme that I like and buy it -_-

c) Menus, the best way to describe the menus is short-sighted. I can see two or three topics away in any given thing, forcing me to cycle through all the stuff... I mean its all very shiny and all, but it makes it kind of a chore to figure out where I need to go for some things. Maybe its just an adjustment I need to get used to though.

d) What, specificly, is the point of the mii's... I mean, the avatars? They just sit there and smile at you. They don't do anything cool... or anything at all. On the wii at least, your miis walked around and looked awkward with each other. And they would play in some games. I feel like the avatars are less about.... emulating me, and more about just being glorified gamer pictures. Which is silly, because at least I can make my gamer picture into anything I want.... well, with the help of the camera at any rate ;p

So, what did y'all think?
-Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Re: Xbox 360 experience

Postby David Yun on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:55 pm

Most of your criticisms seem to deal with the aesthetics, which is entirely valid, but personally, I can deal with that. It's shinier -big whoop-, and I don't give a whit about the avatars.

My objections revolve around the organization. I actually preferred the blades. There's more clutter now, without improving the navigation of the one area that really needed it: the marketplace. Aside from that, all they did was create more space to advert at us.

However, I *am* loving it for the increased functionality. The Netflix service kicks ass, and I dig the option to install to the hard drive. No more "Dirty Disc Error" nonsense or jet turbine DVD drive noise from here on out.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Mike on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:40 pm

David Yun wrote:
My objections revolve around the organization. I actually preferred the blades. There's more clutter now, without improving the navigation of the one area that really needed it: the marketplace. Aside from that, all they did was create more space to advert at us.

^ This

I only played with it for a bit, I made my Mii..... sorry... avatar. Aimed for Dwight but the limitations can blow me. How long will there's points for DLC clothes for your Mii?

The navigation annoyed me, and I really dislike not having the friends list as a list where I can see everything at once. Blah.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby Zeke on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Couldnt navigate that thing for the life of me. I tried leaving a chat channel to get back to the game chat and I somehow ended up dropping out of the game back to the dashboard. I R confused about it, but that's probably because I had Zytox and Customer bugging me to join Left 4 Dead as soon as I finished downloading the patch.
Zeke

Return to Games