The Dark Knight

What should I be watching?

The Dark Knight

Postby Celo on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:46 am

Is it just me or do you think that The Dark Knight could have been more darker?

I thought it could have been way better.
Celo

Re: The Dark Knight

Postby David Yun on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:30 am

Nope; it's just you. And moving this thread to the proper forum.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Celo on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:41 pm

David thanks for clearing that up.

I posted a blog about the film on myspace. I was just expecting more from the film.
Celo

Postby David Yun on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:36 am

Copy and paste that blog here if you like - what are your criticisms of the film and what do you think would have made it "more darker" and "way better"?
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Celo on Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:50 am

This is more of a rant as I look at it but still it is my take one the movie.

I gotta say that I was not to impressed with this movie. Sure it raises questions about what a hero is and should be. As one of my friends said " I am your hero or villain, take your pick." Also having a deeper voice when you change into your alter ego can be compared to being Superman stopping bullets with his chest, but when the would-be henchmen throw their guns at him he dodges them instead of taking it to the chest like you did the bullets, stuff like that only devalues your superheroness.

Well that is one of the underlying themes of the movie. For a supposedly "Dark" Film the movie did not really have dark elements. Sure there is betrayals, creation of new characters and ethical delima's yet they are somewhat predictable. Also the fight scenes could have been longer. Oh yeah what about the Batman impersonators in the beginning of the movie and anyone with any sense knew what was going to happen to Rachel Doss's character, just look how much she aged between films.

I am just glad that I did not wear my Purple Suit and go to the show in the Joker make-up. Well actually I should have. I am no actor but certainly anyone could have played a better Joker, hell I may even be the Joker for Halloween. Ledger's performance is not like that of the original Joker, play by the Cuban Actor whose name eludes me at moment or that of Jack Nicholson. This Joker did not offer one-liners that will stick with you or dialog that will stick with you. Also just because you can't get your story straight on how you received your scares does not mean your a psycho. ( Perhaps it something that die hard fans may know.) Although The Joker sure knows how to use a pencil.

To me the only bright light of the movie was that of Michael Cane and the ethical decisions of that of L. Fox ( Freemans character) that add to the rising action of the movie.

The movie left me wanting more and left more unanswered questions.
Celo

Return to Movies and Television