The X-Files: I Want To Believe

What should I be watching?

The X-Files: I Want To Believe

Postby tSB Whirlwind on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:12 am

Well... before I write this let me establish that I'm a HUGE X-files fan, seen nearly every episode and know the cast inside out. Note, that I'm writing a rant against it.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

This movie didn't live up to any of my expectations. To you who are reading this, basically the movie is made the same way as the show. It was basically like paying 10 dollars to go watch an extended X-files show on the big screen which quite frankly didn't have much of the "Mysterious/Paranormal" feel that the original had. I could safely say that this movie, was more like a cheap horror flick that included the original (and much older) cast of the X-files. Although, one good thing the movie did had was comedy throughout, (I.e a scene where Mulder and Scully are standing outside a conference room and turn to look at a picture at George W. Bush with the theme song going Do-DO, do, do, do, dooooo). Anyway, like the show the movie is slow then begins to get more exciting as it goes on, except it isn't until the last 30 minutes that it actually gets exciting. Unless your a die-hard X-files fan, who wouldn't miss a show, then I don't recommend wasting your money seeing it. All it is basically is an extended episode of the X-files show, if you haven't seen any X-files movies and want to see them, I recommend checking out the first one they did. I cannot remember the name, but i'm sure if you look it up on google or wikipedia you might find it.

Edit: And to those who were wondering if the rumors were true that it would answer all the questions, well, it doesn't... at all. We'll have to wait if the producer confirms that another will be made.
One Shot, One Kill

Bill "The Eye in the Sky" Whirlwind
tSB Whirlwind

Re: The X-Files: I Want To Believe

Postby Parsifal on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:41 am

Pre-release murmurs stated that they were intentionally shying away from actually continuing the story from the late seasons because of how convoluted the whole thing ended up. This was conceived as just "an X-Files" story from the start.

Something else that didn't exactly help this movie was the fact that all the starts did during press events and interviews was bitch about how cold it was and how hard it was having to make it. There wasn't much "It's awesome" going around.
Parsifal

Return to Movies and Television