So... why haven't we legalized this yet?

What should I be voting for?

Re: So... why haven't we legalized this yet?

Postby Panda S. H. on Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 pm

I actually don't know how the prison system makes any money. My understanding right now views it as this giant hole in the government's hand that won't stop bleeding.

It would be so much better for our government budget to legalize some small amount of sale and regulate it. You take the cash flow away from the black market, redirect narc funds, raids and clean up costs and heck, they can even privatize the sale (ie get money for vendor permits) like so many states do with alcohol. And then tax it!

Seriously, I don't see how it couldn't benefit our economy.
You play? I play. Good, let's play~! What are we playing? Hnn. grins
Panda S. H.

Postby fireraven on Tue May 03, 2011 12:57 am

Well as California has show the sale and tax of Marijuana at street prices would eliminate their state debt in in less than the term on one governor... Possibly within two years...
fireraven

Postby MadCat on Tue May 03, 2011 5:33 am

fireraven wrote:And to think my home state just made it a crime punishable via life sentence for getting caught making hash for the first time... This is going to cut brownie mix sale by 97% =( profitable my ass... =P ok 97% was very exaggerated... but still it's horrible to see these things happen =(

Wow... no offense meant to you, fireraven, but the state you live in is Dumb. That's awful.

(For the record, I favor legalizing marijuana, especially for medical purposes. Get the money out of the hands of drug dealers, and into the government, so it can fund social services.)
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby fireraven on Tue May 03, 2011 7:02 am

MadCat wrote:
fireraven wrote:And to think my home state just made it a crime punishable via life sentence for getting caught making hash for the first time... This is going to cut brownie mix sale by 97% =( profitable my ass... =P ok 97% was very exaggerated... but still it's horrible to see these things happen =(

Wow... no offense meant to you, fireraven, but the state you live in is Dumb. That's awful.

(For the record, I favor legalizing marijuana, especially for medical purposes. Get the money out of the hands of drug dealers, and into the government, so it can fund social services.)

I agree my state, Oklahoma, has its laws heavily influenced by religious leaders and such so really stupid laws, such as the amendment banning Affirmative Action to our constitution, get passed. I almost wish I were in Canada. Also, I should state that I am pro-legalization and taxation of marijuana.
fireraven

Postby Mike on Tue May 03, 2011 7:16 am

It was fun to see Humboldt County voting "No" on the legalizing dealie. Them growers would get put out of business!

Anyways, the prison system is fucked, but a LOT of rich sons of bitches have leverage there... so it's profitable for the people who can lobby for it, which is all that really counts. Yay for the Prison Industrial Complex.

And... I'm pretty sure a majority of Americans are against legalizing weed. Mainly because a lot (I'd venture to say most) Americans are idiots.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby fireraven on Tue May 03, 2011 8:40 am

Mike wrote:It was fun to see Humboldt County voting "No" on the legalizing dealie. Them growers would get put out of business!

Anyways, the prison system is fucked, but a LOT of rich sons of bitches have leverage there... so it's profitable for the people who can lobby for it, which is all that really counts. Yay for the Prison Industrial Complex.

And... I'm pretty sure a majority of Americans are against legalizing weed. Mainly because a lot (I'd venture to say most) Americans are idiots.

I'd have to agree that most Americans are stupid. As a whole we listen to propaganda without checking facts, we listen to the words of pastors over the facts of scientists, doctors and psychologists, we judge a person's candidacy for a job more on how they dress and talk than whether or not they can do the work, and insult, degrade or assault those who try to stir up the status quo with hard evidence and facts. It's kind of disgusting =(
fireraven

Postby blackfirefox on Tue May 03, 2011 6:51 pm

I think as long as you're responsible with weed you should get it but if you're gonna be a goddamn retard and smoke it on your couch all day you don't deserve to have it legalized. All in all as long as we're responsible, I don't see a problem with it.
Kitty in a pudding cup~ So cute~ <3
blackfirefox

Postby Mike on Fri May 20, 2011 5:54 pm

There was a Rolling Stone article about the Tea Party where the guy's assessment was that they "react to sound and emotion" as opposed to what's being said. I think that goes for a lot of folks, but the Tea Party is the extreme example of "LOUD NOOOOOOOOOOISES!!!"
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby trebuchet on Sat May 21, 2011 12:08 am

blackfirefox wrote:I think as long as you're responsible with weed you should get it but if you're gonna be a goddamn retard and smoke it on your couch all day you don't deserve to have it legalized. All in all as long as we're responsible, I don't see a problem with it.

Wait a minute. You want to give people the freedom to purchase these drugs but take away their right to use them as they see fit? Explain please. :?
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

Postby Mike on Sat May 21, 2011 6:30 am

I think the "sit on couch like a retard" is like.. part of smoking weed... it's not like you toke up and then go run a 20k uphill desert steeple chase.

Should just be like alcohol... don't go to work stoned... don't drive stoned... good game.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

PreviousNext

Return to Politics