World Series 2009

Who should I be rooting for?

World Series 2009

Postby David Yun on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:49 am

Repeated from my newspost:

Oh man, baseball fans just saw one of the most amazing finishes to a World Series game. It doesn't top, say, Gibson's walk off home run in '88, but Johnny Damon stealing two bases on a single pitch is startling and HILARIOUS if you're not a Phillies fan. It's about 1:40 into this video. I've seen Derek Jeter do it in the past, but to pull it off with two outs in the 9TH INNING of a TIED WORLD SERIES game to set up the winning run?! Wow. I now fully forgive Damon for that grand slam AGAINST the Yankees a few years ago. He full on OWNED Brad Lidge - I don't care what the Phillies manager said; that is ABSOLUTELY the pitcher's responsibility to cover third on an infield shift. Let's go Yankees! - - * * *)
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

YES!!! Yankees win, THHHHHHE Yankees win!

Postby David Yun on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:31 am

Time for me to break out my sharpie and scrawl in another championship year onto my jersey - and this time my son can join me! (He's now the same age as when I became a Yankees fan watching Reggie Jackson smack the Dodgers around.)

"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Return to Sports