Who should I be rooting for?

That Local Sports Team

Postby Parsifal on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:43 pm

So, how about it?
Parsifal

Re: That Local Sports Team

Postby Panda S. H. on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Panthers suck. D:

I've been out of the hockey loop this year...
You play? I play. Good, let's play~! What are we playing? Hnn. grins
Panda S. H.

Postby trebuchet on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:39 am

I'm more than a little worried about the Heat this year, but the Eastern Conference should be a decent slug-fest for the right to play the Lakers.

The Dodgers are in limbo. Thank you Frank McCourt.

Raiders didn't embarrass themselves this year and stayed out of the limelight for once. If they can beat the Chiefs this Sunday they'll be a .500 team.
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

Postby Parsifal on Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:51 am

A judge in the McCourt divorce case recently ruled part of their prenup-agreement declaring the team Frank's sole property was void. If that holds then that makes the team "community property", forcing them to sell the team and share the proceeds 50/50. Of course Frank is waist deep in appeals trying to overturn that so he can bequeath the team to his kids some day.
Parsifal

Postby trebuchet on Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:17 pm

I hate that man. And his wife. And their friggin' Hollywood lifestyle that pretty much mortgaged the team away like it was Marvin Gardens or something! :evil:
trebuchet

Postby Dan on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:15 pm

How out of it I am: 1. I thought the O'Malley's still owned the Dodgers. 2. I thought you were talking about the "Angela's Ashes" guy.
*stab*
Well, I'm alright.
-Malcom Reynolds "Serenity"
Dan

Postby Parsifal on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:52 am

trebuchet wrote:I hate that man. And his wife. And their friggin' Hollywood lifestyle that pretty much mortgaged the team away like it was Marvin Gardens or something! :evil:

My awareness of sports is usually peripheral, at best. But it's hard to ignore the sheer amount of hate these Mass-holes attract. Petros Papadakis is positively livid about this whenever he's on the Kevin & Bean show. Example clip, starting at the 12 minute mark. No actual swearing involved, but I'd suggest earphones if you're at work, nonetheless.

You know what would be nice? If after this whole mess got sorted out, the Dodgers ended up real community property, like the Green Bay Packers. That would put some pride back in the seats, from the dugout club to the $3 nosebleeds.
Parsifal

Postby trebuchet on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Dan wrote:How out of it I am: 1. I thought the O'Malley's still owned the Dodgers. 2. I thought you were talking about the "Angela's Ashes" guy.

Wow. So you missed the whole Rupert Murdoch era?

"'Angela's Ashes' guy"? :?
trebuchet

Postby trebuchet on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Parsifal wrote:
trebuchet wrote:I hate that man. And his wife. And their friggin' Hollywood lifestyle that pretty much mortgaged the team away like it was Marvin Gardens or something! :evil:

My awareness of sports is usually peripheral, at best. But it's hard to ignore the sheer amount of hate these Mass-holes attract. Petros Papadakis is positively livid about this whenever he's on the Kevin & Bean show. Example clip, starting at the 12 minute mark. No actual swearing involved, but I'd suggest earphones if you're at work, nonetheless.

You know what would be nice? If after this whole mess got sorted out, the Dodgers ended up real community property, like the Green Bay Packers. That would put some pride back in the seats, from the dugout club to the $3 nosebleeds.

That would be nice but, at this point, I would just be happy with a an owner who's merely competent. Yes, I've lowered my standards. Yes, it's that bad.
trebuchet

Return to Sports