Three Years, man! Three! O_O

Discuss the comic strip!

Three Years, man! Three! O_O

Postby MadCat on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:44 pm

Wow... three years already? Dang. I'm pretty amazed and impressed at the moment, that I've made it three years so far. I'm fairly proud of myself, too, for how much my art has improved during that time. Increasing my drawing and sequential art skills was one of my goals back when I started Everwas, and looking back at the earlier strips, I was pleased to see I'd improved quite a bit (and mortified by the state of the earlier strips, honestly. lol). But I suppose every artist has to get through their embarrassing early works, if they want to get better. So thanks to all of you for bearing with me so far! I've still got a long way to go, but I hope you'll enjoy the journey! :D

Writing-wise, I think I still have a long way to go, compared to how much progress I made in art. I feel like there were many things I didn't get across as clearly as I would have liked, and a lot more backstory, setting, etc., that I should have put in. Sequential storytelling could use a lot of work as well, so I suppose I'll try to focus more on these things as the comic goes on. Wish me luck! :mrgreen:

Finally, another reason I wanted to do Everwas, and comics in general, was to have more stories where characters of "alternative" sexuality, gender identity, etc., could just be happy and have nice lives, instead of always ending up unhappy, alone, or dead, like in so many other LGBTQ works I'd read or seen. I mean, what kind of message is that to send to people? "Sorry, your lives are always going to suck." Screw that! There are hundreds of thousands of "different" people out there living their lives and being happy and fulfilled, and I think it's important to remember and express that.

It's okay to just be who you are. You'll still have friends and family and love. Things may be tough sometimes, because the world is still full of hate and prejudice, but it can get better. (Remember the whole "It Gets Better" campaign, against anti-LGBTQ bullying?) Life can be great. So don't give up hope; hang in there. There are lots of supportive, caring people out there, and you can find them. And I sincerely want to thank the people who sent me e-mails and notes about the things they were dealing with, at school or elsewhere. Thank you for sharing with me; it means so much to me, to know that my comic has helped you in some way, even if it's just a little. Hugs to all of you.

So... thanks again, to everyone who is reading and supporting Everwas! I appreciate it very much, and I hope I can keep creating and entertaining and improving for a long time! :D
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Re: Three Years, man! Three! O_O

Postby Dave on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:25 am

Hey, congrats on the three years, MadCat. Here's to another three.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby MadCat on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks, Dave! :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby blackfirefox on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:28 am

Hope things keep ya going MadCat! Love your comic sugar and I shall read it and all the direman comics for however long they run! <3

-Missy Foxy
Kitty in a pudding cup~ So cute~ <3
blackfirefox

Postby trebuchet on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:44 am

I know it's a little late but...HAPPY THIRD YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! :D
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

Postby MadCat on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:06 am

Heehee! Thanks, Foxy and treb! :D