Xander's girlfriend

Discuss the comic strip!

Re: Xander's girlfriend

Postby MadCat on Wed May 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Panda S. H. wrote:I'll wait so long as you promise there's an explanation for the Ever-verse reincarnation theory. As it comes up however, I may asked questions. :P

Xander is sort of a special case... he's not resurrecting in the usual method anymore. I'll try to explain it in future strips.
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Dave on Thu May 12, 2011 2:01 am

MadCat wrote:
Panda S. H. wrote:I'll wait so long as you promise there's an explanation for the Ever-verse reincarnation theory. As it comes up however, I may asked questions. :P

Xander is sort of a special case... he's not resurrecting in the usual method anymore. I'll try to explain it in future strips.

Xander's trapped inna Groundhog Day thing, only it's more like Groundhog... uh... lifetime...

Well, shit.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby MadCat on Thu May 12, 2011 7:00 am

Dave wrote:Xander's trapped inna Groundhog Day thing, only it's more like Groundhog... uh... lifetime...

Well, shit.

Heh heh. Well, that's a good way of putting it. It's by his own choice, however. Lemme 'splain.

Basically, several lifetimes ago, he and his beloved were dying after a horrible battle, and he swore with his final breaths that he would not rest or stop fighting or give up until the two of them could live out their lives happily together.

With this oath, he created a magical 'loop' that began repeating the course of events of that lifetime; he loses his eye, finds his girl, they get to the big battle -- they die again. But each time, from the moment he's born, he remembers all the other lives, all his knowledge and skills, etc., and with each life he gets stronger, faster, fights harder to win when he reaches the battle again, gets a little closer to finally saving her.

This lifetime, things were generally following the same pattern, but the results of the big battle were different... she still died, but he survived. So now he's sort of thrown off, because this has never happened before -- usually they die within minutes of each other. Hence his current worries - why have things changed, what does it mean, how will things proceed?
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby blackfirefox on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:14 am

Mmm, deep. Very sad though. I wonder what will happen next o.o
Kitty in a pudding cup~ So cute~ <3
blackfirefox

Previous

Return to Everwas