Xander's girlfriend

Discuss the comic strip!

Re: Xander's girlfriend

Postby Panda S. H. on Sat May 07, 2011 5:09 pm

D: !

BTW, I love your alternate paneling for this.
You play? I play. Good, let's play~! What are we playing? Hnn. grins
Panda S. H.

Postby Yino on Sat May 07, 2011 5:55 pm

In all our lives together? this is taking quite an interesting turn.
<insert signature>
Yino

Postby MadCat on Sat May 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Panda S. H. wrote:BTW, I love your alternate paneling for this.

Aww, thank you! That makes me happy! :D

Yino wrote:In all our lives together? this is taking quite an interesting turn.

Heh heh. I hope it continues to be interesting, and that I can tell it in an interesting manner! :mrgreen:
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Jayleia on Mon May 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Yeah, as soon as Xander said "All our lives together", I just sat there staring at the screen, then I was babbling incoherently to myself "Did MadCat drop a hint before, or is this new, and how many lives before, will there be more after, do some lives end happy?"

Yeah, all that and more...except I was saying that as all like one word.
Jayleia

Postby Dave on Mon May 09, 2011 7:37 pm

... cheaters. "Oh, damn, didn't work out so well this time. Well, there's still next time".
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby MadCat on Mon May 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Heh. Trust me, they're not quite that flippant about it.

I think I've hinted about this before; first (very vaguely) with Xander's knowing attitude in #389, then more concretely, there was mention in strip #392, of a girl he'd "been waiting to find again" and #393, of how he'd already died several times trying to save her.
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Panda S. H. on Tue May 10, 2011 3:28 am

That "already died trying to save her" bit was something that I chalked up to something like getting phoenix downed.

It always seemed to me that knowing or remembering a past life would be a rare gift and that gaining the knowledge will require a traumatic event or some such... like... say if, when she died or in past lives when Xander was dieing, there would be a brief moment where he would remember all of the other moments when his soul slipped away while looking into the eyes of its mate.

But, of course, the laws thus governed are not mine to define. :P All I say is "explain for me". Please???? <3
Panda S. H.

Postby Yino on Tue May 10, 2011 3:29 am

For how long were you planning this Madcat?, now suddenly the title "Everwas" gets a whole new meaning.
<insert signature>
Yino

Postby MadCat on Tue May 10, 2011 6:56 am

Yino wrote:For how long were you planning this Madcat?, now suddenly the title "Everwas" gets a whole new meaning.

Actually, Xander's story was among the original things I planned back when I first started Everwas. I created a certain amount of material, and it's taken me a few years to get through all of it. Once I finish the stuff with Rissa and Timothy, I'll have gotten through all of the Initial material I started with three years ago, and will be on to things I've plotted out as I've gone along.

Panda S. H. wrote:That "already died trying to save her" bit was something that I chalked up to something like getting phoenix downed.

It always seemed to me that knowing or remembering a past life would be a rare gift and that gaining the knowledge will require a traumatic event or some such... like... say if, when she died or in past lives when Xander was dieing, there would be a brief moment where he would remember all of the other moments when his soul slipped away while looking into the eyes of its mate.

But, of course, the laws thus governed are not mine to define. :P All I say is "explain for me". Please???? <3

Do you want it all spelled out here in the forums, or do you want to wait and have it unfold through the series? Or a combination of both? (I'd happily explain it all, because I'm still uncertain sometimes about my ability to get everything necessary explained in the strip, but I don't want to give spoilers if people want to experience it as the story continues.)

Originally when I was working on the Eurydice-and-Xander conversation, he explained his backstory in more detail, but I eventually chopped the scene down to keep it from being overlong, and because Eurydice already knew it all; she just needed to hear what was necessary for her situation with Kaiaryee. But eventually it will all be told.

What has been shown so far:

As a young kid, Xander explains to Eurydice that he's waiting for a girl that's special to him, and that he's already died several times trying to save her.

As a teenager, Xander brings home the girl he's been searching for (and found again).

Current day, Xander visits the girl's grave and reveals that they've had multiple lives together, and they usually die together; this is the first time he has outlived her.
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Panda S. H. on Wed May 11, 2011 2:57 pm

I'll wait so long as you promise there's an explanation for the Ever-verse reincarnation theory. As it comes up however, I may asked questions. :P
Panda S. H.

PreviousNext

Return to Everwas