Still Alive!

Discuss the comic strip!

Still Alive!

Postby MadCat on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:31 am

Hi everyone! Just letting you know that I'm still alive, and doing better than I was a week ago, though perhaps not quite back to where I'd like to be.

After limping along for a while, and producing too many strips I really wasn't happy with, and wasn't having as much fun doing, I finally realized I'd been feeling far too down for far too long, and I just missed feeling good, happy, and creative... and maybe I could actually do something about it. So I went to the doctor, changed my meds (I'm on a mood stabilizer for my bipolar now), and I'm trying to make some positive changes in my life, think about what will help me feel better, what I want to do, etc...

In regards to that: I do want to make some changes to Everwas in the future, to make it more fun again. More happiness, more snuggles and sexiness, more having a good time. No more sad, heavy storylines, at least for a while, I hope. Sort of a re-concepting of the characters (appearance, personality, etc) and the strip in general. Hopefully nothing will be too jarring, and I hope you'll all still enjoy the characters as much as ever!

I'll write more about this later, as I think more about what I want to do.

Overall, though, I want to thank you all for your caring and support. Thank you for your e-mails, your PMs, your kind words and your patience. It's meant so much to me so far, and I appreciate it very much! I'm so grateful for all of you. Thank you!
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Re: Still Alive!

Postby Zephyr190 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Glad to hear you're doing better! Can't wait for all new improved Everwas! Unless the waiting is for you to get better, I can wait for that, but you know, figures of speech and all.
Zephyr190

Postby MadCat on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Hehe! Thank you very much! ;)

Yeah, right now I'm just focusing on feeling better, so that I can start focusing on making the comic better. I'm kind of sad to not be posting updates, since everyone seems to enjoy them so much; I'm very glad for all the patience and good wishes in the meantime, though. :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby JPoPP on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:47 pm

hope your doing well just thought I'd make a account and see how you were doing.
JPoPP

Postby MadCat on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:19 am

Aww, that's incredibly kind of you, JPoPP! Thank you! :D

I'm doing much better than I was, that's for sure. Since changing things up, I feel much more cheerful most of the time, and more like my old self. :) I'm a little 'moody' sometimes, but not too bad, and I'm still trying to work through some creativity and work issues, which is why I haven't been posting strips so far.

I'd like to start posting some things again, but I may just have a few fun, 'filler' strips for a bit to try and get back into drawing mode, before I get back into the actual storyline.

Thanks again for asking, and for being patient with me. :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Return to Everwas