Coming Back

Discuss the comic strip!

Coming Back

Postby MadCat on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Hello everyone! I'm going to start posting again, to try and get myself back into the swing of things, as it were. There will be some filler, and likely some randomness, but it will hopefully be enjoyable, and get me past this lingering anxiety so I can start productively comic-making again! Best wishes!
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Re: Coming Back

Postby Yino on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Yay!
Glad to see you are getting back :)
<insert signature>
Yino

Postby MadCat on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:19 am

Thank you very much! :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby MadCat on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Sorry for missing the last couple updates; I guess I wasn't as ready to "get back on the horse" as I thought I was. :( I'm still trying to decide the best way to proceed for now, and I appreciate everyone's patience with me.

I found an article today that I wanted to share. I'm not sure if what I'm dealing with is exactly burnout per se, but it seems vaguely related, at least in terms of some of the negative feelings I've been having, and the slowness of the process of trying to work back toward feeling normal again. Here's the link.

Best wishes to everyone!
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby blackfirefox on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Take as long as you need Exalted One, we can wait :3

Especially if this is affecting your health. A healthy MadCat is much better than a stressed, unhealthy MadCat. :3
Kitty in a pudding cup~ So cute~ <3
blackfirefox

Postby MadCat on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:52 am

Thank you so much; it means a lot to me to hear that. :)

I'm trying to get back to being able to create again, it's just slow going... it feels like the creative wheels of my brain just aren't moving. All the hamsters are on strike, you could say.

I miss being able to just draw for fun and feel good about it. I don't know what's holding me back; is it anxiety, fear, burnout, what? I'll try to post more often, though, and at least be more active here on the forums.

Hugs to everyone! :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby MadCat on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:09 pm

It's been a while, (probably too long of a while), so I figure I should give some updates on my current condition, since I'm sure a lot of you are wondering where the heck I am.

I've finally managed to start drawing again. I've probably done a dozen or so pencil sketches (mostly dwarves from WoW, I seemed to be stuck on those. lol) and a couple days ago I finally managed to draw using my tablet again! It felt trippy, but I felt like I'd Unlocked an Achievement there. lol.

Also, a couple times, I've actually found myself wanting to draw. Just sitting there, thinking, "I'd really like to draw something now." It was a good feeling, to have that urge after having lost it for so long, and wondering when I'd ever feel it again. So art-wise, I'm on the road to recovery!

In terms of writing/storytelling/ideas, I'm still floundering a bit there. Trying to come up with actual strip ideas, or even story concepts, feels like banging on a brick wall sometimes. Or scaling Mt. Everest. Or some other metaphor for something that seems both difficult, overwhelming, and possibly futile. But I'm working on it!
MadCat
=^-^=

Return to Everwas