Diplomacy

The inaugural game was won by Paul & Dee (Germany)

Re: Diplomacy

Postby David Yun on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:13 am

Gobbob wrote:Um, why's my name not on the list?

-Gobbob

David Yun wrote:In any case, it appears we have six + me, at the moment. (I'm not counting Gobbob as yet - we need commitment stronger than "interest".)
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Gobbob on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:56 pm

I'll be number 7 then ;)

-Gobbob
Gobbob

Postby David Yun on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:45 am

Sorry Gobbob, we have our seven :( Six of the players are local, and the seventh is in steady contact with us via Xbox Live, IM, and Ventrilo. This was definitely a consideration, as communication and negotiation is the heart of this game. Nevertheless, should any of the seven players be forced by, I dunno, life to drop out of the game, you'll be the first person I contact about taking over for them.

We'll start as soon as I can get a feel for what nights are best for the order deadlines. They are due twice a week (Spring and Fall of each year), by 11:59 pm. You can turn in orders earlier, and if you want to change them due to ongoing diplomacy, I will accept any new orders (a complete set; I will disregard earlier emails) up until that deadline. The couple of people I inquired with have indicated Mondays and Thursdays are best for them thus far.

Once more, download the manual here.

It doesn't matter what form you submit your orders in, as long as they are unambiguous. You can use the official shorthand laid out in the manual, or describe them in "longhand". You can even email me image files with your directions and notations on them, if that's what you prefer. Any orders that are unclear will not be resolved. The time between the two deadlines should be spent in communication with each other to form your alliances and betrayals!
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby David Yun on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:56 am

Actually, let's make the deadlines 11:59pm Sunday and Thursday. This will allow me to update the game with the comic strip/blog.

I'll be contacting each of you players shortly, about whether to have the first turn on this coming Thursday night, or Sunday. I'll be compiling contact info that each player wishes to be reached by, and making that available to any player who requests it. For all game purposes, address all communication to 'contact @ direman.com' (remove the spaces) with "DIPLOMACY" in the heading.

Also, I've randomly assigned the nations as follows:

Vargas - Russia
Joel - Austria
Kang - England
Paul - Germany
Chang - Turkey
Mike Corse - Italy
Mike, um, Zytox - France
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby David Yun on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:42 am

Looks like we'll be starting on Sunday. Spring 1901 orders are due by 11:59 Sunday night.

I'll be sending out the contact list just as soon as everyone gets back to me. I set up the game board and a photo is posted at http://direman.com/direman/latest_comic.php. The latest updates will always be on the bottom of this page.
David Yun
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Diplomacy I