Role Playing Thread

The inaugural game was won by Paul & Dee (Germany)

Re: Role Playing Thread

Postby steve on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:42 pm

Spectator OOC: This is the shizno, I love it. I agree Kang (concerning Czar Eeyore). Although I am rooting for you, I find it a bit amusing the honorable ruler may be the first to go.

so far my favorites are Chang and Zytox. Overall Zytox is better but I'm still in love with Chang's, "The sudden and decisive movement of the Turkish forces into the nation of Rumania, though unannounced, was not unjustified..." Dick move Chang (but it was rad!)!

I think you're all doing a great job! Keep it up!
"It's not my vault."
steve
Mastermind

Postby Chang on Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:15 pm

I, Grand Vizier Suleiman al Jalali, Voice of the Sultan and Chief Advisor, am charged to share with you, the nations of the world, the declarations of His Royal Majesty, Sultan Chang, First of His Name. May his words resound throughout the world and find their home deep within the hearts of men.

The Sultan hopes and prays that the respite allowed by this year's holiday season, beginning with the Islamic holy day of Eid Al Adha, including the Jewish holiday of Hannukah (celebrating oil conservation and energy independence), and ending with the coming of the Christian New Year, has helped to bring perpective and rationality to the minds of the leaders of the seven great nations. It is our hope that the men of your great armies, especially those enduring the frozen north of the Russian winter, were also allowed to rest from the tension and turmoil of constant battle.

But as the thaw of spring approaches, and a new year begins, new plans and machinations are brewing. And Boundless Turkey will spread its arms once again to strike fear into the hearts of foreign powers.

Russia, 'tis only a matter of time before the armies the Turks march on Moscow, to annex your beloved capitol into the Ottoman Empire. You have but to ask, and the merciful and generous Sultan will hear your terms for peaceful surrender. Surely, you do not want to see the beautiful skyline of dear Moscow errupt in flames and reduced to ash?

Or would you rather surrender Warsaw? Far better to let the Turks take that city without needless bloodshed than to let the Austrian hordes, who have no intent to leave a single stone unturned, march through your streets. Think of your citizens, would you willfully allow them to be sacrificed for the sake of your honor?

For your convenience, an embassy has been opened in Sevastapol to receive a response from the Czar. It is located in the former governor's mansion. Your envoy will be received and given every possible honor and amenity.

On a side note, the Sultan suggests that the Czar stock up on his favorite caviar. Now that the Turks control the Black Sea, the price of Boluga will be skyrocketting.

The Emperor of the Ottoman Turks wishes his best for the soon to be former Czar of Russia.

OOC: Happy New Year's everyone.

Assalamu Alaikum
Chang

Postby David Yun on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:10 pm

His Royal Majesty Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany has abdicated his throne due to unforeseeable circumstances. Please excuse the difficulties as we transition to a new regime. We look forward to serving your World War needs in the near future.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby David Yun on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:39 am

After the bungling of the invasion of England, the new regime in Germany has deemed it prudent to shift priorities. As Warsaw finds itself beset on all sides by unfriendly troops, the Czar does not look long to remain on the throne. Germany has elected to safeguard as much of its ally's territories as possible, to prevent them from being picked clean by the ravaging vultures that prepare to feast on Russia's bones.

Germany regrets the technical violation of the Mutual Defense Treaty, but as that covenant was presided over by the infirmity of Kaiser Wilhelm II's twilight years, we hope that the international community understands that the new administration does not consider it beholden to such inapplicable accords.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Zeke on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:31 pm

A declaration from Kaiser Joseph Kraus of Austria,
I extend Austria's original non-aggression pact to Italy again as it seems Inquisitor Corselli is now aligned with Austria's goals. If Inquisitor Corselli so wishes, we can discuss this arrangement further.
Zeke

Postby David Yun on Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:11 am

It is with great regret that Germany treads onto ancestral French territories. Without communication or any substantive offer, Germany must act in its own best interests.

As per honorable code of conduct, Germany declares war on France.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby David Yun on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:26 pm

Europe burns in the flames of war. In order to lessen the suffering of the innocent, Germany wishes to reign in unnecessary conflicts.

To the sovereign rulers of England and Turkey, we regret the actions of our previous monarch, and propose a cease in hostilities. To each of you, we offer the elimination of the State of War that exists between us, with the possibility of stronger agreements in the future.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Zytoxine on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:20 pm

A Warning to those entering France's Territories:

I, Emperor Michel Gustave Alexandre Zytoxine I, must inform the nations of Europe of a dark plague that has come to our lands. In the last few years, I have been recieving small cries from villages on the outskirts of our boundries. Hysterical arguements of 'dead men' walking again, and coming after the townsfolk in an unrelenting manner. We have done what we could to suppress these cases, but we cannot deny their existance much longer. These 'undead' monsters have made their way into our major cities, and our officials are being forced to retreat. Our remaining armies and Fleets have been told to save themselves and disperse to somewhere safe. My beautiful wife Isabella has killed herself from the grief of the whole ordeal, and ruined my favorite reading chair in the process. I will be resigning as Emperor of France, and will be taking what I can carry to survive, and sailing west into the welcoming arms of my Quebecian brethren.

If you come across these skeletal soldiers, do not fight them! Run away, for they will come after you no matter how much damage you do to them! If you are bitten, or their blood comes in contact with your internal body, you will become one as well! This is surely a plague spread by God to make us pay for our hedonistic, sinful ways! Repent now, or damnation will spread across our self-made Hell on Earth!

May God have mercy on our souls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv43e5MtvpM

[OOC: LE BRAINZZZ!]
Zytoxine

Postby weather wizard on Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:14 pm

From His Majesty's Diplomatic Service:

England will accept Germany's call for peace and normal relations. We are relieved that the new regime has seen that cooperation is the key for future success. We have also seen the honorable treatment of the people of London while German forces briefly occupied the region and will hold it as credit to our future relations.

To France, leave our island immediately. Your "friends" have abandoned you, your "friends" have turned against each other and against you. Such is the winds of political unrest and war, something we have warned was likely. Leave England immediately and save your southern border, which is soon to fall. Your lack of foresight and blind trust in your "friends" have cost you Paris. England warned you many times since we began discussions in 1901 that the German frontier could not be left undefended. In your zealous aggression, you may have forfeited your freedom. We refute these wild claims of zombies and the undead. Clearly, this is a feeble attempt at spreading fear amongst the nations to remain away from French soil.

God save the King,
Prime Minister Kang
weather wizard

Postby Zeke on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:26 pm

I see that the new German regime has seen the error of their ways and looks to correct them. I praise them as they now see what backdoor politics they were involved in were incorrect in certain assumptions.
Zeke

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy I