Suggestions, Applause, and Grievances

The inaugural game was won by Paul & Dee (Germany)

Suggestions, Applause, and Grievances

Postby trebuchet on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:26 am

Can we have more time to role-play please?

I suggest that every turn be on Sunday so that we may have more time during the week to role-play.

Does anyone else want to extend the turns?
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

Re: Suggestions, Applause, and Grievances

Postby David Yun on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:38 pm

The ramification of that would be pushing the retreat/disband/create units to Monday, resulting in a Tuesday map update. Surely that would then necessitate pushing the Wednesday orders forward as well, resulting in a net gain of +0 role playing time.

I'll accommodate the wishes of the majority, but the current schedule was arranged to best fit the comic strip releases.

(And I just saw your and Chang's new avatars; +83 role playing points awarded!)
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Zytoxine on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:36 pm

I agree, with the retreat/disband orders, we do get cut kind of short on rp. I still like the idea of sunday and thursday, to match up with monday and friday, but I'm flexible. It's just been hectic trying to get stuff in order, especially after my little political upset. :P

I'd rather work to have more RP time, and less time available for retreating-disbanding.
Zytoxine

Postby trebuchet on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:18 am

What I'm suggesting Dee is that each turn fall on Sunday. So Spring 1902 orders would be due by this coming Sunday then we have a whole week for you to update the map and receive retreat/disband orders and then we would turn in Fall 1902 orders by the following Sunday and so on and so forth.

The pluses:
-Dee would have more time between orders to update and follow-up with disband/retreat orders as well as new build orders.

-The players can have a bit more breathing room for diplomacy ("Hey, Switzerland just left the room! Now we can role-play!") as well as discussing tactical support scenarios with their respective allies.

The minuses:
-The game would be much longer than originally anticipated.
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

Postby David Yun on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 am

trebuchet wrote:The minuses:
-The game would be much longer than originally anticipated.

Twice as long. As in, literally, one full year.

Yes, I personally would like to have a bit more of my time back, but I also personally feel that the pace of the game is just right as is. I considered this matter, and originally I was going to abstain from voting, but I believe I do have an equal say in this matter.

Since this results in eight votes, a majority of five 'yay's will be required to pass this motion to:

Slow the pace down to one turn a week, as opposed to the current two turns a week?

Yay
Paul - Germany

Nay
Dunn - France
Chang - Turkey
Dee - Switzerland
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Zytoxine on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:28 am

I vote nay for one whole week. I don't think I could manage that long of a game, as in waiting between moves. :P

I'll try to move some numbers and seeif an adaquate solution pops up
Zytoxine

Postby Chang on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:33 am

A whole week? We only had a few days when a second Pope sprang up and went away in France. If we had a whole week, who knows what could've happened.

I say thee nay!
Chang

Postby Dave on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:20 pm

I can't seem to find Turkey's declaration of war on Russia anywhere. I looked in the RP section (which is where I assume declarations would go), and then I bounced around the other forums. Can someone point it out to me?
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby David Yun on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:42 pm

It was included in the orders for his Fall 1901 turn. Chang, it's not absolutely necessary, but the proper pomp ought to be posted in the RP thread.

Just check all the info threads Dave, everything's there. Joel explicitly did not declare war and was awarded the appropriate Treachery Points.

Also, FYI, "Moor" wouldn't apply to Ottoman Turks. Unless you're deliberately RPing obtuseness.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby weather wizard on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:53 pm

Do deliberately RP cultural obtuseness!
weather wizard

Next

Return to Diplomacy I