Procedures

The third royal rumble was conquered by Dee (Austria)

Procedures

Postby weather wizard on Sat May 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Don't forget, the first orders are due noon wed. Please make sure your orders are explicit and not subject to interpretations. This goes double if you have fleets that will operate in Bul, Spa, and Stp with 2 coastlines. Any orders that require interpretation will be interpreted by Joel and his twisted mind.
Last edited by weather wizard on Wed May 13, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
weather wizard

Re: Procedures

Postby Kodi on Sat May 09, 2009 9:13 pm

Just for my own convieniance, and anybody elses...

Rules PDF Here.

Clear Map Here.

Current Board Image Here.
-Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Postby weather wizard on Wed May 13, 2009 7:39 pm

No retreat orders necessary. Fall 1901 orders due Sat noon Pacific time (for you non west coasters). France, you missed your turn. One more miss and we drop you.
weather wizard

Postby David Yun on Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Kang, were his orders late or just never submitted?

If the latter, this is unacceptable. In that event, I propose we find a replacement player immediately and allow him to take over France. Possibly even submit retroactive first turn orders.

What do my fellow players and adjudicator think? We had a WEEK to turn in orders.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Dave on Wed May 13, 2009 10:44 pm

I'd be unfair to toss someone in with such a disadvantage. If we're to replace John, then we should also start over. It's a wasted week, yes, but the new player will need at least a few days to play his politics out. Who knows, this new replacement may radically change what political ties are currently made.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Mike on Wed May 13, 2009 11:34 pm

I gotta side with Dave on this. It'd be kind of a boning for France to start a turn or 2 late but at the same time be an advantage since they saw the first turn moves. I'm not sure what I'm in favor of doing... but yeah...
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby David Yun on Wed May 13, 2009 11:46 pm

No, I meant just letting the replacement submit first year orders (with the advantage of having seen others) to make up for the lost week of negotiations. If so, this needs to be ASAP.

But it's not a big deal either way, so I'll vote with the majority.

Let's see what Kang responds with though. If John got his turn in late, I'm willing to let it slide just this once. I'm just not down with France missing two consecutive turns.

What happened John? :(
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby wevets on Wed May 13, 2009 11:55 pm

This is tricky.

If John just got his orders in late, I think we should continue as planned.

If we need a replacement they're going to have to be fast on their feet (tongue?) to talk their way out of this. I would favor that person being able to submit orders for Spring 1901, even having seen our moves. It makes it difficult for the rest of us, but this is a tough game to play.
wevets

Postby Kodi on Thu May 14, 2009 12:27 am

It does tend to tip the balance of things quite a bit... however, we had people fail to turn in orders last game and the only reason there wasn't a protest was because their non-motion didn't directly affect anyone. It seems kind of self-serving to raise a fuss about it now...

I guess I feel like not turning in orders is a valid option thats covered in the rules as well. The conniving french may just be trying to lure us into a false sense of security. But if a player's actions are ruining the fun for everyone else, then thats stepping over the line I guess...

I'm inclined to suggest we let him turn in his orders late this time, with the exception that he can't cause a movement conflict (no standoffs) with his orders. I don't think we should talk replacement unless it happens again :)
-Kodi
Kodi
Demon Overlord

Postby wevets on Thu May 14, 2009 12:47 am

Kodi wrote:It seems kind of self-serving to raise a fuss about it now...

Quite the opposite - I dare say I benefit more than anyone from French non-movement, but I would rather have a challenging beginning to the game than have a couple turns without French moves and then have to either start over or find someone willing to take over a France in dire straights. :)

Kodi wrote:I guess I feel like not turning in orders is a valid option thats covered in the rules as well. The conniving french may just be trying to lure us into a false sense of security.

If we are still in touch with him and know he's still interested in playing, sure! :D
wevets

Next

Return to Diplomacy III