League Rules Discussions

Congratz Joel!

Re: League Rules Discussions

Postby David Yun on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:01 am

Draft is finalized. Feel free to conduct any trades, release players, or sign free agents.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby David Yun on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:30 am

We had a situation arise with this trade:

DGAF traded Roddy White, Atl to JEST
JEST traded Steve Johnson, Buf to DGAF
JEST traded Rashad Jennings, Jac to DGAF

It had the requisite trade review period, but I think it's hanging because James both accepted the trade, and *manually* dropped a guy separately - causing the system to look for a guy to drop that isn't there.

Nobody objected to this trade, so I'm going to manually push it through.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby David Yun on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Dave and I just came to a trade agreement. The players involved are (FiM) Marshawn Lynch and Percy Harvin for (JEST) Ahmad Bradshaw, Steven Jackson, and Brandon Marshall.

We are not able to submit the trade via the normal process, as Ahmad Bradshaw came off IR, and the league programming does not allow me to make transactions until I have a "legal" roster.

However, the trade itself would clear the required roster space. As soon as Dave publicly agrees to the trade, it will be considered an active pending transaction. It will remain in that status for the customary review period. At the end of that period (assuming it passes review), the Commissioner (yeah, me) will manually push the trade through.

The IR slots have been a serious pain in the ass to manage properly. Also, Vargas has had issues with the "undroppable" setting. He was considering dropping Turner to waivers, but is not permitted to. (Turner clearly is clearly undeserving of such status.) I informed him that should he decide to do so, I would manually do so.

If anyone is having issues with roster management, due to inappropriate enforcement of our league settings, do not hesitate to inform me and I will rectify the problem.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Dave on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:50 pm

I am confirming that I agree to the trade with Dee. The trade involves (FiM) Marshawn Lynch and Percy Harvin for (JEST) Ahmad Bradshaw, Steven Jackson, and Brandon Marshall.

I also confirm that I am having issues with dropping Michael Turner to waivers. For this trade to go through, I may indeed need to drop Turner to make roster space, and I will need the Commissioner (Dee) to make that happen for me.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby David Yun on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:52 pm

(Repeated from Smack Talk.)

In all seriousness, I gotta break character here. "Ironman" is amusing, but I sincerely hope that if pressed hard enough by injuries or byes, you'll take the necessary measures to field as competitive a team as you're able. This goes for everyone. Even if you're eliminated from playoff contention, you must endeavor to compete. There's nothing like the deliberate sabotage of competitive integrity to ruin the fun, by undermining the legitimacy of our winners and trophies.

I just wanted to head this possibility off at the pass. I don't mean to come off as a hardass, but being commissioner can be a pain, and I wanted to make this absolutely clear: any obvious tanking to improve next year's draft position, or for any other reason, will result in not being invited back to our league. If so many participants engage in collusion to render this unfeasible, I'll penalize just the offenders by stripping away picks and/or instituting a lottery.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Mike on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:03 pm

Count me out for next year then. I wasn't planning on not being able to field a full team, but I played this for fun, not "integrity."

**Edit** after re-reading, I see that I'm apparently bringing down the "official" version of fun. My bad!

Also, I have 3 Byes this week... none of them are in my starting line. If I were trying to lose on purpose, I'd be rocking that shit.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby David Yun on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Relax. It sounds like you took my announcement personally. I've got no "commissioner" objections about your current lineup, and I wasn't calling you out in particular. It was addressed to our whole league:

Dee wrote:This goes for everyone.

It was simply a thought that occurred to me that HAS been a problem for numerous leagues. The reason tanking isn't fun, "official" or otherwise, is that it dicks with the standings. If you got jobbed out of playoff seeding, because somebody was trying to illegitimately game the draft or just "for lulz", you'd be upset. I wanted to curtail the possibility before it had a chance to come to pass.

Mike wrote:Count me out for next year then...I played this for fun, not "integrity."

If you were serious, Mike, this is why being commissioner is a pain. If you want the job, let me know and I'll give you the keys. The smack talking is fun, but this really brought down my day. (Lack of sleep and me and my whole family sick doesn't help either :p) I put a lot of thought and effort into setting up our league (including putting up a prized possession as our trophy), because people wanted to do it and nobody else was willing to handle it.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Mike on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:21 pm

David Yun wrote:(Repeated from Smack Talk.)

In all seriousness, I gotta break character here. "Ironman" is amusing, but I sincerely hope that if pressed hard enough by injuries or byes, you'll take the necessary measures to field as competitive a team as you're able.

If it's not directed at me personally... this is a poor thesis statement.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby David Yun on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Fine. It wasn't a formal argument, and as such, lacked a rigorous thesis. I was simply mulling over your "Iron Man" comedy, which led organically to the notion. I am re-re-iterating that the policy was directed at our league at large. Okay?

I'd like to just fun too. Would anyone else like to take over as commish? This season is all set up, and all you'd have to do is hand out trophies, and adjudicate any pissant issues that might crop up. When training camp '13 starts up, you'd have to handle the keepers policy, expansion teams, and draft.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby trebuchet on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:50 am

Here's an idea: what if commissioner went to the winner of each season? So if Mike won the trophy this year he would be commish for next year and so on.
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

PreviousNext

Return to 2012