League Rules Discussions

Congratz Joel!

Re: League Rules Discussions

Postby David Yun on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:35 pm

Big ups to Joel, who agreed to assume commissioner duties.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Zeke on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:55 am

Now bow before your Commissioner Overlord. :D
Zeke

Postby David Yun on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:59 am

/genuflect
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Dave on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:04 pm

@Joel:
Offerings. You accept offerings, yes?
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby David Yun on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Kang, Alex, and I just worked out a three way trade. It doesn't appear that there is a function for simultaneous three party deals, so I am announcing it here for league assessment:

Cheesehead: deals Stevan Ridley, receives Roddy White
Gorillaz: deals Tom Brady, receives Stevan Ridley and Cam Newton
JEST: deals Cam Newton and Roddy White; receives Tom Brady

We are announcing this trade agreement early, but it is our intention for it to resolve as soon as players unlock after Week 6's Monday Night Football game. We will need the Commissioner to make this happen manually.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby weather wizard on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:33 pm

I agree to the terms of the trade.
weather wizard

Postby Zeke on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:20 pm

You stoopid monkey!

Kang = Roddy
Alex = Cam + Ridley
Dee - Brady

That right? I just need Alex to chime in here to confirm and I'll make it happen after the scores are yellow on Monday night.
Zeke

Postby David Yun on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:33 am

Alex, when you post, you should also designate a player to be dropped to waivers.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Zeke on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:33 am

Finalized the trade, if something's wrong post here and I'll think about possibly fixing it. :mrgreen:
Zeke

Postby David Yun on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:25 am

We've passed the halfway point, and we need to discuss the nature of our league into next season and beyond. We have numerous options.

1) Joel and I have been discussing the possibility of going full dynasty. This would vastly speed up the draft every year, as we'd mostly be staring at just a handful of rookies to snag for the long term. It would also give our teams a sense of long term personality, like genuine franchises. We'd be invested in the careers of our players, as they develop, wane, and retire. Yes, this is with the mindset that we'd be playing this same league yearsss down the line. This creates tradition and the sense of belonging to something special that that fosters.

We're adding more teams next year, so this would necessitate an expansion draft to build the rosters of the newcomers. If we do go dynasty, we'll be able to protect our key players with a franchise tag, and a couple/few others as restricted free agents. If they are taken from us, we'd be compensated with an extra draft pick. Existing teams would also have to be plundered equally, meaning that you couldn't lose a second player until every team lost one as well.

2) The other end of the spectrum is a full redraft, with the new peeps picking first, then us in reverse order of final standings, then snaking back around the way we did this season's draft. As much as I like the idea of "dynasty mode", drafting IS exciting. This could also incorporate keepers or not. If so, we'd pick one franchise player that we'd retain from our current rosters. If this is what we go with, I'd say we have more than a single keeper for future seasons, but this would not be fair to new teams in an expansion year.

3) Another option to consider, completely independent of 1) or 2) is going IDP (Independent Defensive Player). As part of our regular draft, or a separate IDP portion of the draft, we'd be adding players for the following slots: Lineman, Linebacker, Secondary, and Kick Returner. I personally like this option (we've done it before) over the vanilla selection of a Team Defense/Special Teams. Following specific players is always more exciting. The drawback (if you see it as such), is the increased roster management.

So we need people to give feedback on what we'd like to see moving forward.

So far, I *think* we have the following:

Me: Dynasty and IDP
Joel: Dynasty and IDP
Kang: Fine with either, but favors redraft for expansion season
Mike: No indication of response
David Yun
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 2012