Transactions (and Expansion Draft)

Congratz Steve!

Re: Transactions (and Expansion Draft)

Postby David Yun on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:04 pm

4th? That's you buddy. We don't count weak ass sad sack consolation games around here. You saying you actually set your lineup that week to see who was second loser?

You'll note that you're ahead of me in draft order (based on every criteria that matters), and I didn't tabulate any non-championship deciding games in our league records. I can't help it that ESPN runs those games so eliminated players can feel good about themselves, like Millenial "everybody wins" Little League policies.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Re: Transactions (and Draft)

Postby Douglas_Haase on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:03 am

Dave wrote:The following trade is accepted:

David Yun wrote:Dave and I are announcing a trade.

I send him: Ryan Mathews, my 4th round pick (#40, acquired from Steve pending that transaction)

He sends me: Dwayne Bowe, 2nd round pick (#12 overall), 4th round pick (#32 overall)

Dee,
This transaction was rape, pure and simple. :(
Douglas_Haase

Postby Douglas_Haase on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:17 am

David Yun wrote:All franchise tags have been submitted:

Dee - Russell Wilson, Calvin Johnson, Jimmy Graham
Joel - Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Rob Gronkowski
Kang - Aaron Rodgers, Arian Foster
Dave - Andrew Luck, Brandon Marshall
Paul - Peyton Manning, AJ Green
Mike - Matt Ryan, CJ Spiller
Alex - Robert Griffin III, Adrian Peterson

Our expansion draft will commence after the NFL draft. The Excel doc has been updated to reflect these protected players (highlighted yellow):

http://direman.com/dfl/DFL.xlsx

Please forgive my questions... What were the rules for how many players could be franchised?

And why did Dee have the first pick in the expansion draft?

Just curious what I missed?
Douglas_Haase

Postby Douglas_Haase on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:35 am

Douglas_Haase wrote:
David Yun wrote:All franchise tags have been submitted:

Dee - Russell Wilson, Calvin Johnson, Jimmy Graham
Joel - Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Rob Gronkowski
Kang - Aaron Rodgers, Arian Foster
Dave - Andrew Luck, Brandon Marshall
Paul - Peyton Manning, AJ Green
Mike - Matt Ryan, CJ Spiller
Alex - Robert Griffin III, Adrian Peterson

Our expansion draft will commence after the NFL draft. The Excel doc has been updated to reflect these protected players (highlighted yellow):

http://direman.com/dfl/DFL.xlsx

Please forgive my questions... What were the rules for how many players could be franchised?

And why did Dee have the first pick in the expansion draft?

Just curious what I missed?

Never mind, I figured it out...
Douglas_Haase

Postby Mike on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:40 am

I expressed my pain to Dee the other day. I commend him for his puppeteering! But at least this year his bench isn't 2 teams deep. har har har.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby Douglas_Haase on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:31 pm

I have to mention this...

The only way that anyone should have been allowed to make a trade with an expansion team, would have been from the list of "designated" franchise players. Because basically, you've given franchise tags to the expansion teams. Or viewed another way, the established teams were allowed an extra franchise tag for each player they traded to the expansion teams.
Douglas_Haase

Postby David Yun on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:46 pm

I don't follow...
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Douglas_Haase on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:31 am

You traded a player to an expansion team that would have otherwise been able to take that player off of your roster during the expansion draft. Except that you "traded" that player to a team that didn't truly exist until the start of the expansion draft which was(should have been) after the designation of franchise players. That allowed you to garner value for a player that shouldn't have been protected to begin with... So you effectively gained the value of the trade return for a player that should have been available to those expansion teams without the trade.

If it had been processed properly, you could have made the trade, but only with a player that you used a franchise tag on. Then AFTER the expansion draft, you could then trade any remaining players on equal footing.
Douglas_Haase

Postby Douglas_Haase on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:36 am

Sorry bud, I'm just checking the history to see how the league is run and I found that action to be unbalancing.
Douglas_Haase

Postby David Yun on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:39 am

I think you're neglecting the fact that on top of trading Brady away, I also lost Marshawn and Dez in the expansion draft, the most total value taken from any team. It's not like I engineered a sneaky way to only lose one player in the expansion draft, which I think is what you're effectively suggesting? I still don't really follow.

I don't see how existing teams were granted more protection, or expansion teams gained more assets. There were still 16 expansion picks used. By trading Brady, it took him off the board for Steve to select, but that's no different to if Esther had used her pick to simply select Brady in the first place.

All dynasty assets are fungible at all times, whether players, picks, or franchise tags.

And I welcome discussion and am all for balanced procedures. Please continue if you feel it to be warranted.
David Yun
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 2013