Trade Vetoed Manning/Bane

Congratz Steve!

Trade Vetoed Manning/Bane

Postby Zeke on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:36 am

Fred Jackson for

Antonio Gates
CJ Spiller

This trade harms competitive balance due to the dynasty format of our league. There is not even benefit toward Oscar trying to win this season. Fred Jackson a 32 year old running back with an MCL strain for a potential dynasty superstar (ADP 5th) AND Antonio Gates, a clear TE 1, is not a balanced trade by any stretch of the imagination. As the commissioner all lopsided trades like this one will be vetoed.

If there are any questions regarding this decision please feel free to contact me via email or phone.
Zeke

Re: Trade Vetoed Manning/Bane

Postby David Yun on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:43 am

We took league votes to establish protocol. Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions.

League owners voted in favor of the Commissioner's Office retaining veto power to be employed to preserve competitive balance in the event of unbalanced trades. However, since this suffers the drawback of relying on often subjective judgment calls, the two following procedures will be enacted as well:

1) Communication needs to be improved. The Commissioner must inform the trading partners that a veto is impending, and the reasons why. This will give them an opportunity to modify the transaction to be more palatable. In an ideal situation, it should never come to an Official Veto.

2) In the event that a solution cannot be worked out, and the Veto comes to pass, it shall be submitted to DFL owners for review. The involved trading parties and the commissioner shall be recused, and the other owners shall vote whether to uphold the veto or push the trade through. In the event of a tie vote, the commissioner's vote will serve as tiebreaker.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Re: Trade Vetoed Manning/Bane

Postby David Yun on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:01 am

So we tried as best we could to implement the new protocols to this trade. Peer review upheld the veto. The two parties submitted a modified trade that the Commissioner did not veto. The modified trade will be pushed through manually:

Bane's Army -> CJ Spiller, Antonio Gates
Million Manning -> Fred Jackson, 2014 2nd round pick
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Return to 2013