Preseason Procedures

Preseason Procedures

Postby David Yun on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:46 am

Hey all, welcome back!

1) I was going to push for a new format of my own design, but we would have lost two founding members of our league. Therefore we will simply continue with the existing dynasty format. I will push for a reboot next season.

2) We need a few minor roster corrections, primarily dealing with Injured Reserve designations. I am in the process of contacting each owner directly.

3) We do have two new members, bringing us to the dozen I had desired for so long. This necessitates an expansion draft. Each current team will be losing one player, but will be able to protect one player. I am in the process of contacting each owner directly.

I have also added a 3rd division. The three division winners and three wild cards will advance into the playoffs. The division winners with the two best records will have first round byes.

4) Once that groundwork is covered, we will initiate our rookie/FA draft.

NOTE I'm very tempted to go with only 4 playoff teams, as this would result in a more balanced schedule.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Re: Preseason Procedures

Postby David Yun on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:58 am

Donte Moncrief has been dropped from JEST. Allen Robinson has been activated from IR.

Corrected an illegal transaction, removing C.J. Spiller from GBP and restoring LeGarrette Blount to GBP.

Marques Colston has been dropped from FCG. Marvin Jones has been activated from IR.

Victor Cruz has been dropped from PMS. He was occupying the IR slot.

Carlos Dunlap has been dropped from DANG. Chandler Jones has been activated from IR.

Bobby Wagner has been dropped from RPTR. Kiko Alonso has been activated from IR.

Lorenzo Taliaferro has been dropped from TREB. C.J. Spiller has been activated from IR.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby David Yun on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:24 am

Here are the modifications I have made to our league for 2015. If there are any objections, now is the time to voice them.

1) Two new owners have been added. Say hey to Patty and Ryan! This necessitates an expansion and supplemental draft before we conduct our annual rookie/FA draft. Details are in another forum thread.

2) Roster rules and scoring remain unchanged from last season.

3) We now have a new division. I have snaked placement of teams as per last season's rules, adding the two expansion teams last. Kang and Steve (our Dire Bowl combatants) have been placed into Shaolin and Wudang respectively. Esther and I were the next two, and have been placed in Wing Chun, snaking back. #5 Paul in Wudang. Oscar and Doug #6/7 in Shaolin. Joel #8 in Wudang. Alex and James #8/9 in Wing Chun. Ryan in Wudang. Patty won the coin toss for first pick, placing her finally in Shaolin. I hope this makes sense to everyone.

4) The initial pulse indicated that our members favored six playoff teams (3 division winners, 3 wild cards). This would be 50% making the playoffs, with the two best division winners receiving a bye. However, this created an ugly scheduling issue, as well as shortening our regular season by a game.

I have made the executive decision to maintain a 14 game regular season. This permits us to play each of our division rivals twice, and each other team once. With week 15 and 16 set aside for playoffs, this permits only four teams to advance. I very strongly feel that this is the healthier option (the auto-scheduler attempted to have us play the same division rival twice in a row in weeks 12 and 13, under the 6 playoff team option).

If you feel strongly that this is the incorrect decision, now is the time to bring it up. The schedule will not be changed once we are underway.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby David Yun on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:52 am

The auto-scheduler is completely borked. I'll have to manually set our schedule sometime before the season begins.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby David Yun on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:27 pm

Holy smokes, that was a major pain. I manually set our entire season.

I need everyone to do me a favor: make sure that you play each division rival twice, and everyone else once. Check to ensure that your home and away games are evenly distributed.

Thank you.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby trebuchet on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:12 am

My sched looks great. Reminder: CJ Spiller is not on my roster still. No hurry, just don't want you to forget.
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

Postby David Yun on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:05 pm

Took care of it Paul. I missed the IR adjustments on the actual ESPN site rosters.
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby trebuchet on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:04 pm

Gracias
"Dillon! You son of a bitch."
trebuchet

Return to 2015