Re: The "Hello, I am a person!" Thread

Postby Panda S. H. on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 pm

:D I just pester. Thank you.
You play? I play. Good, let's play~! What are we playing? Hnn. grins
Panda S. H.

Postby Dave on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Whatever works :D
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby MadCat on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi Jordan-panda! :D

Awww, I has been tagged! O_O

My name is MadCat, and I am an artist, webcomic maker, occasionally write crappy novels during National Novel Writing Month (I do enjoy writing very much and would like to do it more, I just don't seem to be very good at it yet, lol).

I am an advocate for LGBTQ rights, since I belong to at least a couple of those letters, not saying which ones, and I hope to use my work to reach out to others who may be dealing with discrimination because of who they are; to give them something happy to enjoy, and help them feel better until we can fix the world to be a nicer place for us.

I love comics and manga (and I can say "I liked it before it was popular!" lol), play WoW and used to play FFXI (wish I still did); used to play Magic:the Gathering, D&D, GURPS, WhiteWolf games, etc., and love roleplaying games, but haven't had time/people to play them with for a while. I even LARPed a few times; I love creating characters and acting as them, getting into character, etc...

I used to take drama/Shakespeare classes, and thought about being an actor, but I got stage fright/social anxiety and that sort of ended that. lol. Still, I think it would be cool to be a voice actor, like for Blizzard or something. Which is funny, since I hate the way my voice sounds over electronic devices. But I love doing funny voices/accents.

I also enjoy studying foreign languages; I speak a little Spanish, a little French, and studied a little bit of Japanese, but it's been so long I've forgotten most of all of it, and would like to go back and relearn it all to become fluent.

Ack, okay, way too much sharing! XD LOL! Okay, I tag... everyone who hasn't posted something in this thread yet! DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!! :mrgreen:
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Dave on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:21 am

MadCat wrote:Hi Jordan-panda! :D

Ack, okay, way too much sharing! XD LOL!

You forgot to tell us about that time you snuck into the the cookie jar.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby Panda S. H. on Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:08 am

Are you saying that she fit herself in the cookie jar???

ねー、マドカトさんは「Outlaw Star」おおぼえますか。=v=

And I like lots of letters, too. Maybe we could join FDR for an alphabet party some time. xD
You play? I play. Good, let's play~! What are we playing? Hnn. grins
Panda S. H.

Postby Dire Hippo on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:05 pm

no thanx im full. and im still waiting on dan ,,,,,TAG # 2
pea river forge
Dire Hippo

Postby Zephyr190 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:19 am

Hi I'm Joe! Zephyr190 is my usual internet screen name, once just an XBL gamer tag, it's now a full on pseudonym.

I came here for the joke once made in a Dave the Direman about how Dr. Freeman shouldn't have to put up with this shit, and stayed for the comics. I recently finished all of Squishy, having already read all of Everwas and Dave the Direman at some point earlier in the week, and it's become one of my favourite comics.

I'm a theoretical physicist (hence why someone linked me in the first place), full time gamer on 360, PS3 and PC. I also play banjo and am an aspiring and failing writer. Someday I hope to be able to take a set of characters and a planned plot, then actually bloody stick it through to the end. This is also actually where the Zephyr part comes from in my pseudonym.

So I'm just after good laughs and friendly internet company with some new internet friends. Hopefully there'll be lots of that.

:) x
Zephyr190

Postby MadCat on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:52 am

Hi Zephyr/Joe! :D Great to meet you!

I definitely loved that Dr. Freeman joke, too. Man, you're an actual theoretical physicist? That's Awesome!! (and I definitely know what you mean about wanting to actually see some plots and characters clear through to the end. >< I'm struggling with that myself! lol)

Have you ever tried NaNoWriMo? (National Novel Writing Month, http://www.nanowrimo.org)
It's great for aspiring authors who need a kick-start to get some words written! :) I've done it about 6 times, only 'won' about three, if I remember correctly. But it's a lot of fun!

Glad to have you here on the forums! We can always use more friendly people up for some banter! Here, have a crowbar! ;)
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby Dave on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:40 am

Welcome to our little corner of the internet, Zephyr! Glad to hear you enjoy what we have to offer.

I'm a tad curious; do you know what genre you'd like to write about?
Dave

Postby Zephyr190 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Ooooh, I'm feeling ever so welcome. I believe the term used by people less manly and hairy than myself is *Squeeeeeee!*

I've been intending to write for NaNoWriMo for the past 6 years, but because of my poor planning and complete loss of ability somewhere between brain and keys I've never actually managed to submit anything. Still, someday with some decent planning I hope to submit something. I only just really settled on what it is I'm writing about though, so well done Dave, you pretty much got in one what the major problem is. I've finally settled on 2 ideas, one a modern fantasy full of demons and magic, the other is a sort of near future sci-fi with a liberal sprinkling of swordplay and a little bit of magic. Now just planning out characters and a plot then writing it down so it can't change too much and I'll be away.

Though if anyone has any ideas for names of archdemons that'd be really nice. Their nicknames are the mad-god and the fear-god.

Also, theoretical physicist isn't as cool as you'd think. No crowbars, no power armour, and I'm fairly sure the work I'm doing at the minute is actually harder than staging a guerilla movement against alien overlords. It's topological quantum computing, and it's actually more awkward than it sounds.
Zephyr190

PreviousNext

Return to Forums