Give your feedback here!

Re: Avatars

Postby Parsifal on Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:09 am

Any chance that we could see the "Avatar Gallery" functioning at some point in the future? Maybe to the tune of 2-5 savable per person? I could switch between my Quintesson and Deadpool. Dave could go from Normal Dave to Dave En HD and over to Hulk Dave. It's a nice little feature that could be cool to have but I can also see where it might just be extra clutter. Just a question, though I would like to have the option.
Parsifal

Postby MadCat on Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:11 am

I also like that idea! Looking forward to seeing if it's doable or not.
I want my job description to be: "gets paid to draw sexy ladies." :D
MadCat
=^-^=

Postby David Yun on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:25 am

It's a very minor hassle. A couple of minutes of my time to set it up isn't a big deal, but if I had to upload images/create personal galleries for EVERYone, it'd eventually become overly time consuming. I don't mind doing it for content creators, though. Just point out what images you want in the gallery, and I'll do it as a courtesy for Dire-talent.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Dave on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:24 pm

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought Parsifal was asking for the ability to keep several avatars on our profiles.
Interested in a Commission? Visit my DeviantArt Gallery (http://latecustomer.deviantart.com/gallery/) and leave me a note there.
Dave

Postby David Yun on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:52 pm

There is no function for that. The galleries allow me to upload selectable images. Each profile is only allowed one avatar at a time.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Parsifal on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Ah. My question stemmed from my ignorance of what the Gallery actually was. After I posted, the thought that it might act like the icons in Warcraft III and other forums (i.e. posting/ranking or being rewarded unlocks new avatars from a list, which you can browse through and use) came to mind.

If it's a personal/selective thing, then I'll have to scrounge around and definitely come up with 3 or so that I would like to be permanently selectable.

Is there an option/function for a WCIII like gallery anywhere?
Parsifal

Previous

Return to Forums