@Kara

Postby Mike on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:21 am

Equilibrium > The Matrix.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Re: @Kara

Postby Karazorel on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:37 pm

o.O thought Equalibrium was a neat movie.. it was not where NEAR as revolutionary as Matrix. Storywise Matrix 1 blew peoples minds away when the twist was revealed. Camera wise Matrix 1 introduced bullet time 360 camera spins which are used pretty often now. Millions upon millions of people have seen and own Matrix. Equalibrium is a cult movie with a small select following. I liked Equalibrium but about as much as I liked Ultra Violet. As I said, it's a neat movie but no way is it better than Matrix. Now better than Matrix 3... I'll give you that.
Image It's not easy being me but I make it look damn good.
Karazorel
Awesome

Postby Mike on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:38 pm

You got mad at me for saying Matrix 3 was crap the day it released.

Finally came around, eh?
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby Karazorel on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:44 pm

I still don't think it's complete crap. I know it's not a "good" movie. But I personally still enjoyed it because I wanted to know the conclussion to the series. I believe when it came to Matrix the quality of the movie had a direct corilation with the amount of time the movie spent in the Matrix itself.

Matrix 1 was approx 80% spent in the Matrix if not more. The movie only went to the real world for a few short scenes.

Matrix 2 was approx 50% to 60% in the Matrix and was a good movie but began the slide to their real world a bit too much.

Matrix 3 was maybe 30% if not only 20% or less in the Matrix. The movie felt like it wasn't part of the Matrix at all. BUT the fight scenes that DID occur were still enjoyable. More Hugo Weaving can't be a bad thing.

I put Equalibrium above Matrix 3 below Matrix 1 around the same level as Matrix 2.
Karazorel
Awesome

Postby David Yun on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:33 pm

The quality of the Matrix films had a direct correlation with the amount of time pompous characters got to ramble on about pseudo-profundities. Morpheus and the Oracle doing their fairly succinct Obi-Wan/Yoda act? Not too shabby. But the films were DONE by the time The Architect wouldn't shut his yap.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Karazorel on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:00 am

I truely wish we could see the real versions of Matrix 2 and 3. You know, written by the same old Chinese lady who wrote Matrix 1 right before the Wachowski Brothers stole it from her.

Blah damn Wachowskis. Hey who remembers this? The man formerly known as Larry Wachowski has officially completed his full sex change
Karazorel
Awesome

Return to Movies and Television