Congrats for you all

What should I be voting for?

Congrats for you all

Postby Yino on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:50 pm

Or at least for the ones who voted Obama.
Congrats!
<insert signature>
Yino

Re: Congrats for you all

Postby steve on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:31 pm

the world seems to rejoice that the Bush Dynasty is coming to an end. however, Bush still has some time to do more damage and possibly continue the war even through most of Obama's term. it seems the best we can hope for in the next four years is the bleeding to stop.
"It's not my vault."
steve
Mastermind

Postby Mike on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:16 pm

I'm hoping Bush doesn't push that shiny button that he's been itching to for 8 years. "What's this here thing do!?"

The only thing I'm annoyed about is Prop 8 passing in Ca. I want to push a Prop that bans marriage for any non-white Protestant property owner.

I'm glad as hell that Obama won, but Prop 8 passing makes it bittersweet.
Semper Iratus, Motherfucker.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby Mike on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:13 pm

OoooOoOOooooo

Or we can go full blown gung ho.

Gay votes only count for 3/5 of a vote.

WE'RE BRINGIN' THE 1800'S BACK, MOFUCKAS!
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby David Yun on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:37 am

Prop 8 doesn't really mean anything. It does not prevent gay couples from receiving the same civil union benefits as heterosexual couples. It really is just a matter of semantics, although a particularly hateful and insulting one. Also, it still stands a good chance of being struck down as unconstitutional, much like its predecessors.

I don't envy Obama; he's got a ridiculously mangled country to get back running. He's going to find bringing all of our troops back home extremely difficult. We've invested so much, that it'd be tragic to cash out now at such low value. And when they do come home, he'll need to send many of them right back out to Afghanistan :(
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby Mike on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:44 pm

Yeah, Obama is gonna have some mountains to climb. Regarding Afghanistan, at least that's where we needed to be. It's not like you can really win an occupation.

For the semantics of Prop 8, I think a girl I've been talking to has the best idea. Make marriage a religious term and re-name it marriage for legal reasons. That way the religious folk can still be married or whatever, and everybody else is equal.
Mike
S3 Forum Gladiator

Postby David Yun on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:19 am

I have much the same outlook. I don't believe our government should define marriage one way or the other. They should simply issue civil unions, for both straight and gay couples, and leave it at that. Leave the consecration of marriage, and debate of what that entails, to religious circles.
"I want me some glory hole." --Jerry Jones
David Yun
Site Admin

Postby iroNy on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:22 am

steve wrote:the world seems to rejoice that the Bush Dynasty is coming to an end. however, Bush still has some time to do more damage and possibly continue the war even through most of Obama's term. it seems the best we can hope for in the next four years is the bleeding to stop.

Normally I'd agree with you Steve and I've been telling Arturo that Bush single-handedly brought the world economy down (I know he didn't, but it was on his watch so his fault, do not question my logic!), except that for the past few months he's been the president everyone wished he'd be. He's been talking compromises and trying to do good things; too little too late. Worst. President. Evar!

@Mike
You've got start small. First no to same-sex marriage (Bishop Frank Stewart to the gay community on the passing of prop 8, "Suck it up!" - guy's a self-hating homo and must go to extremes to prove he's hetero), next ban marriages between different races, lastly a proclamation that the Irish are a different race.

In Closing; *ahem*

A black man finally makes it to the highest position and he's still a servant.

...Good thing I always have a basket to catch the veggies flying my way, "tossed salad" tonight!
Meet Masuka version Season 1.
iroNy

Return to Politics